Decisive Strike

I really don't have any problems with Ds except for when survivors get a free guaranteed escape with it at the end of the game.

I have played a lot of games where I snowball the survivors at the end but I still don't get any kills because of all the survivors having Ds.

With that being said I feel like Ds should be deactivated once endgame collapse starts so that survivors don't get that guaranteed escape at the end.

This is of course just my thought and I'm open to hear opinions about this/other ideas.

Not trying to trigger anyone just putting my thoughts out for discussion.

Comments

  • i just don't understand why one of the survivor should lose a chcance to save him after being farmed by andoter survivor wthout bt(which hapoens quite a lot of times on solo ).

    Personally i would rather fave a bit shorter timer on ds when end game colapse stars idk mybe like 30 sec

  • Just slug them.

    I doubt it takes 60 seconds to get from a hook to the doors.

  • To be fair the free escapes balance out the free kills from NOED

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    To be fair the free escapes balance out the free kills from NOED

    I would agree with this, but how often do people in red ranks run Noed? I'd say once every 10 games or so (Although that 1 of 10 is extremely frustrating).

  • While this is a good idea it also could mean killers get more kills than they should like if a survivor plays good all game and then is downed and camped so a surrvivors saves them but instead of going after the unhooked the go for the one who was saved basically making it a guaranteed on kill every game. Instead of it requiring skill to get them all they would have to do is tunnel and not have to worry about being punished for it. So like I said good idea but the way you suggest it makes it to where it would be a guaranteed kill for a killer.

  • @MelonHead said:

    I really don't have any problems with Ds except for when survivors get a free guaranteed escape with it at the end of the game.

    I have played a lot of games where I snowball the survivors at the end but I still don't get any kills because of all the survivors having Ds.

    With that being said I feel like Ds should be deactivated once endgame collapse starts so that survivors don't get that guaranteed escape at the end.

    This is of course just my thought and I'm open to hear opinions about this/other ideas.

    Not trying to trigger anyone just putting my thoughts out for discussion.

    Nothing new here bud. There's DS threads on every page.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200057#Comment_1200057

    I would agree with this, but how often do people in red ranks run Noed? I'd say once every 10 games or so (Although that 1 of 10 is extremely frustrating).

    There are players with 8000 hours in this game who run NOED on Nurse, so it happens. :P

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200062#Comment_1200062

    There are players with 8000 hours in this game who run NOED on Nurse, so it happens. :P

    Damn, why would they run Noed? I never run it just because I hate the toxicity it brings and I know how it feels to play against it (Unless I'm doing end game demo)

  • @Mistikus said:

    i just don't understand why one of the survivor should lose a chcance to save him after being farmed by andoter survivor wthout bt(which hapoens quite a lot of times on solo ).

    Personally i would rather fave a bit shorter timer on ds when end game colapse stars idk mybe like 30 sec

    I don't understand why a killer should lose the chance to kill a player after they where unhooked right in front of them without BT.

    I'm even more unable to understand why a killer should lose the chance to kill a player after eating BT and still managing to down the unhooked player.

    @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Just slug them.

    I doubt it takes 60 seconds to get from a hook to the doors.

    Okay, they're slugged. And.... they crawl out of the trial. What where we trying to do here? You're right, it DOES take less than 60 seconds to get from a hook to the doors.

    A quick check of the wiki tells me that a crawling survivor moves at 0.7m/s (17.5%). Assuming that a survivor was INSTANTLY downed upon being unhooked, with no BT, they can still cover 42 meters before DS becomes active (assuming no tenacity, assuming survivors are completely unable to apply pressure by healing the survivor for whatever reason). If survivors make any effort at all to prevent the killer from moving their maximum travel distance while carrying (taking 1 hit, for example), the survivor can crawl significantly further than they where carried. This is substantially worse with 110% killers, and even nastier with the Nurse, who carries survivors even slower.

    @nicknack said:

    While this is a good idea it also could mean killers get more kills than they should like if a survivor plays good all game and then is downed and camped so a surrvivors saves them but instead of going after the unhooked the go for the one who was saved basically making it a guaranteed on kill every game. Instead of it requiring skill to get them all they would have to do is tunnel and not have to worry about being punished for it. So like I said good idea but the way you suggest it makes it to where it would be a guaranteed kill for a killer.

    I'm sorry, did you just say that a killer not tunneling a given survivor, and then not being punished for being hit by DS, would be a guaranteed kill, and unfair?

    @ClickyClicky said:

    To be fair the free escapes balance out the free kills from NOED

    Except that NOED doesn't give free kills. Survivors can cleanse 5 totems to get rid of NOED entirely (15 seconds a totem, and one of 16 perk slots for Detective's Hunch to have the totems glow pink). NOED punishes survivors for not completing their secondary objective (cleansing 5 totems). NOED can also be removed once all the generators are powered by cleansing one glowing, crackling totem.

    DS gives 60 seconds of pseudo-immunity to survivors. A killer cannot prevent survivors from DSing them through some sort of intentional activity or by investing an amount of time into it, without being penalized so badly as to lose the game regardless. There are 4 survivors, and, at high ranks, you can reasonably expect all of them to have DS. Assuming a 115% killer, DS buys thirty eight seconds of time, assuming the survivor is a COMPLETE POTATO and runs in a straight line (5 second stun, and it takes 33.33 seconds for a killer moving 4.6m/s to gain 20m of distance (4m*5) on a survivor running 4m/s). Two of those eaten to get them out of the way, and you're looking at 3 generators done.

  • @Cheeki_Beaky_Bird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200049#Comment_1200049

    I don't understand why a killer should lose the chance to kill a player after they where unhooked right in front of them without BT.

    I'm even more unable to understand why a killer should lose the chance to kill a player after eating BT and still managing to down the unhooked player.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200056#Comment_1200056

    Okay, they're slugged. And.... they crawl out of the trial. What where we trying to do here? You're right, it DOES take less than 60 seconds to get from a hook to the doors.

    A quick check of the wiki tells me that a crawling survivor moves at 0.7m/s (17.5%). Assuming that a survivor was INSTANTLY downed upon being unhooked, with no BT, they can still cover 42 meters before DS becomes active (assuming no tenacity, assuming survivors are completely unable to apply pressure by healing the survivor for whatever reason). If survivors make any effort at all to prevent the killer from moving their maximum travel distance while carrying (taking 1 hit, for example), the survivor can crawl significantly further than they where carried. This is substantially worse with 110% killers, and even nastier with the Nurse, who carries survivors even slower.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200063#Comment_1200063

    I'm sorry, did you just say that a killer not tunneling a given survivor, and then not being punished for being hit by DS, would be a guaranteed kill, and unfair?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200057#Comment_1200057

    Except that NOED doesn't give free kills. Survivors can cleanse 5 totems to get rid of NOED entirely (15 seconds a totem, and one of 16 perk slots for Detective's Hunch to have the totems glow pink). NOED punishes survivors for not completing their secondary objective (cleansing 5 totems). NOED can also be removed once all the generators are powered by cleansing one glowing, crackling totem.

    DS gives 60 seconds of pseudo-immunity to survivors. A killer cannot prevent survivors from DSing them through some sort of intentional activity or by investing an amount of time into it, without being penalized so badly as to lose the game regardless. There are 4 survivors, and, at high ranks, you can reasonably expect all of them to have DS. Assuming a 115% killer, DS buys thirty eight seconds of time, assuming the survivor is a COMPLETE POTATO and runs in a straight line (5 second stun, and it takes 33.33 seconds for a killer moving 4.6m/s to gain 20m of distance (4m*5) on a survivor running 4m/s). Two of those eaten to get them out of the way, and you're looking at 3 generators done.

    Yes and to counter desicive just dont tunnel its simple

  • @nicknack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1200156#Comment_1200156

    Yes and to counter desicive just dont tunnel its simple

    If only that where the case.

    If I where to counter DS by "not tunneling" that would mean leaving survivors alone once they're unhooked. Considering there are 8 hooks to burn through before any kills in this hypothetical, all 5 gens could be done by survivors who have DS active without anyone else touching them. Amazing counter.