Secret Offerings

I see a bunch of people saying that secret Offerings shouldn't be a thing. You see the killer has a secret Offering, it's almost always a Mori. Killer sees a secret Offering, immediately heads to the opposite side of the map in case of Vigo's Shrowd.

I have the opposite feel. I think there should be MORE secret Offerings. An offering that makes the first survivor the killer lands a hit on becomes the obsession. Call it mark of death. Make one for survivors that makes them start as the obsession even if no one has a perk or add-on for obsessions. Call it target on your back. Killer gets an offering that does absolutely nothing, but it's a secret. Call it suspicious markings. Give the survivors one that ignores shrowds that starts them next to a random generator, regardless of killer starting location. Rusted wrench, or something. Give the survivors one that makes them start in a random locker, already inside. Call it something like gym padlock.

I feel like the real problem with secret Offerings is that there are so few, you can reliably guess what it is. But that's just my take on the subject.

Comments

  • I feel offerings should not even show like at all, remove that entire offering showing screen and go straight to loading the game instead pls

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    I feel offerings should not even show like at all, remove that entire offering showing screen and go straight to loading the game instead pls

    Nah, as a killer, if I see someone use a bloody party streamers, I tend to drag it out, so I like seeing what offerings are being used.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    I see a bunch of people saying that secret Offerings shouldn't be a thing. You see the killer has a secret Offering, it's almost always a Mori. Killer sees a secret Offering, immediately heads to the opposite side of the map in case of Vigo's Shrowd.

    I have the opposite feel. I think there should be MORE secret Offerings. An offering that makes the first survivor the killer lands a hit on becomes the obsession. Call it mark of death. Make one for survivors that makes them start as the obsession even if no one has a perk or add-on for obsessions. Call it target on your back. Killer gets an offering that does absolutely nothing, but it's a secret. Call it suspicious markings. Give the survivors one that ignores shrowds that starts them next to a random generator, regardless of killer starting location. Rusted wrench, or something. Give the survivors one that makes them start in a random locker, already inside. Call it something like gym padlock.

    I feel like the real problem with secret Offerings is that there are so few, you can reliably guess what it is. But that's just my take on the subject.

    I think all offerings should be secret. It would stop the pathetic excuses for camping/tunnelling when a map offering gets used.


    Each side doesn't need to see what the other has played until after the game. Even with other secret offerings that you suggested, killers would still just pick moris. Always with some pathetic excuse prepared for post game chat:

    You had a toolbox

    2 people were the same character

    There was a flashlight

    I saw a key but didn't know it was a broken key so I had to mori everyone when I tunnelled them off first hook.


    And so on...