Potential change for the Doctor

I had an idea for the doctor and wondered what you all thought about it.

As The Nightmare and The Pig have counter active solutions such as the clock to wake up with Freddy, I think it would be a good add on/design for the doctor to have similar! This could be used to remove the madness effect and should be called an ‘antidote’ which links in with the doctor/medical theme! I think it would make a nice touch to be able to remove yourself from the madness effect or remove tiers of it

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @kkenznaomi_

    You can already do this anywhere when you're in Madness Tier lll through the Snap Out mechanic. Wouldn't that be a nerf towards Survivors if you make it so there's only a few designated areas to remove the Madness Tiers?


  • @FireHazard said:

    @kkenznaomi_

    You can already do this anywhere when you're in Madness Tier lll through the Snap Out mechanic. Wouldn't that be a nerf towards Survivors if you make it so there's only a few designated areas to remove the Madness Tiers?

    I never thought about it that way to be honest. In that case, maybe the 'antidote' give your reduced effects from the madness effect? or maybe Snap Out could be replaced with the antidote and persists for a longer duration

  • @kkenznaomi_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198365#Comment_1198365

    I never thought about it that way to be honest. In that case, maybe the 'antidote' give your reduced effects from the madness effect? or maybe Snap Out could be replaced with the antidote and persists for a longer duration

    I'm not trying to be negative towards the suggestion, just making that clear before I continue lol.

    Anyways, I don't see why they'd change the Snap Out mechanic with an antidote mechanic, the Madness tier system is very situational anyways, it's not like before where you'd get put into the Madness Tier lll state REALLY quickly, it's pretty dependent on what's happening in that scenario.

    Like for example, if you're Tier ll and trying to heal a Survivor, than The Doctor can shot you, put you into Tier lll, and prevent you from healing yourself or healing others until you Snap Out of it. The same goes for unhooking someone, The Doctor can gamble and shock you at the hook, if you go into Tier lll than you can heal yourself after you run away (since he'll hit you after the shock) and I also believe you can't unhook your teammates afterwards.

    Personally, I don't really think a change is needed to that mechanic, but that's just me.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198377#Comment_1198377

    I'm not trying to be negative towards the suggest, just making that clear before I continue lol.

    Anyways, I don't see why they'd change the Snap Out mechanic with an antidote mechanic, the Madness tier system is very situational anyways, it's not like before where you'd get put into the Madness Tier lll state REALLY quickly, it's not pretty situational and dependent on what's happening in that scenario.

    Like for example, if you're Tier ll and trying to heal a Survivor, than The Doctor can shot you, put you into Tier lll, and prevent you from healing yourself or healing others until you Snap Out of it. The same goes for unhooking someone, The Doctor can gamble and shock you at the hook, if you go into Tier lll than you can heal yourself after you run away (since he'll hit you after the shock) and I also believe you can't unhook your teammates afterwards.

    Personally, I don't really think a change is needed to that mechanic, but that's just me.

    Nothing came across negative at all! i really appreciate the feedback and comments that you have made and you've made me realise that it probably wouldn't be the best thing to include. The idea sparked from me playing word association lmao and thought if we had anything like that in game. Seems like a decent concept but maybe not suitable in game regarding what we already have

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198377#Comment_1198377

    I'm not trying to be negative towards the suggest, just making that clear before I continue lol.

    Anyways, I don't see why they'd change the Snap Out mechanic with an antidote mechanic, the Madness tier system is very situational anyways, it's not like before where you'd get put into the Madness Tier lll state REALLY quickly, it's not pretty situational and dependent on what's happening in that scenario.

    Like for example, if you're Tier ll and trying to heal a Survivor, than The Doctor can shot you, put you into Tier lll, and prevent you from healing yourself or healing others until you Snap Out of it. The same goes for unhooking someone, The Doctor can gamble and shock you at the hook, if you go into Tier lll than you can heal yourself after you run away (since he'll hit you after the shock) and I also believe you can't unhook your teammates afterwards.

    Personally, I don't really think a change is needed to that mechanic, but that's just me.

    I didn't think you were being negative at all, i really appreciate the comments. After reading and thinking about what you've said, it's an idea that sparked from playing word association lmao and it made me think did we have an antidote type thing in game. I think the concept is there but regarding what we have in game, wouldn't be suitable

  • @kkenznaomi_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198403#Comment_1198403

    I didn't think you were being negative at all, i really appreciate the comments. After reading and thinking about what you've said, it's an idea that sparked from playing word association lmao and it made me think did we have an antidote type thing in game. I think the concept is there but regarding what we have in game, wouldn't be suitable

    No, not for this killer anyways. I like the idea of an antidote system though, maybe for a Killer that has a power that revolves around poison or something.