Why not reduce size for Ormond & Mother's Dwelling?

We can all agree both maps are way too big. So why aren't they include in the size change?

@Peanits

Comments

  • right? I was really suprised to see no checkmark there.

    But it might just be a time issue, maybe they will change it in the future, plus with all the other changes regarding gen speed etc maybe the size is not going to be THAT much of an issue, just gotta wait and see.

  • Well, I'm surely looking forward to the changes :)

    But Mother's and Ormond is kinda "Hmmmmm"

  • For Ormond in particular, it's not actually a very big map. I'm not sure where the stigma of it being massive comes from, but it's actually tied for the 18th biggest map in the game (of a total of 34 maps).

    As for Mother's Dwelling, while it may be the largest map, it's also just about as close to the middle in terms of kill rates as it can get. That's not to say that it won't be reduced in size later, but it wasn't necessarily pressing at the moment. We tried to hit as many maps as we could in this update and we would rather focus our efforts in other maps that need tweaking more, such as maps with strong window loops.

  • Honestly I've never found Mother's Dwelling that bad when I play killer, though I can see how it could cause problems, especially if the survivors are coordinated. For Ormond I just feel they need to make the auras a little more apparent as the snow seems to block them out

  • Thanks for your input, @Peanits :)

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Honestly I've never found Mother's Dwelling that bad when I play killer, though I can see how it could cause problems, especially if the survivors are coordinated. For Ormond I just feel they need to make the auras a little more apparent as the snow seems to block them out

    Auras aren't the huge problem anymore. Still could need some adjustment. But scratchmarks and blood are more of an issue. Even with Bloodhound, blood is sometimes hard to see.

  • @bendermac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1196020#Comment_1196020

    Auras aren't the huge problem anymore. Still could need some adjustment. But scratchmarks and blood are more of an issue. Even with Bloodhound, blood is sometimes hard to see.

    I have to look the next time I get the map. I never typically track blood. Only really use it if the scratch marks aren't there

  • @Peanits said:

    For Ormond in particular, it's not actually a very big map. I'm not sure where the stigma of it being massive comes from, but it's actually tied for the 18th biggest map in the game (of a total of 34 maps).

    As for Mother's Dwelling, while it may be the largest map, it's also just about as close to the middle in terms of kill rates as it can get. That's not to say that it won't be reduced in size later, but it wasn't necessarily pressing at the moment. We tried to hit as many maps as we could in this update and we would rather focus our efforts in other maps that need tweaking more, such as maps with strong window loops.

    I think the reason Ormond feels like a big map is because the gens are really spread out. Then on top of that the spaces in between gens are filled with jungle gyms and log loops, so you can’t really walk in a straight line anywhere on the map, you have to weave through obstacles. It feels like it takes a good minute to go from one side of the map to the other, so even if it’s not actually one of the biggest it feels like it is.

  • i get why they didnt change mothers dwelling it has quite the deathzones