Rewards for being rank 1

I know that its easy as ... to be rank 1 as survivor but would be good to get some rewards.Maybe some iridescent shards?

I mean rank 1 is not even something players wants to reach now cuz its pointless , its even more worth to unrank to 15/20 ranks and farm the new players to farm some iridescent shards.

Comments

  • copy paste from other thread:

    Ermm I think you are missing the point of rank or ranking up, its not some achievement, its just there to match up people of equal skill with eachother for the most fair/balanced matches.

    Granted it does not work hence they are reworking it, but that is the entire point.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    copy paste from other thread:

    Ermm I think you are missing the point of rank or ranking up, its not some achievement, its just there to match up people of equal skill with eachother for the most fair/balanced matches.

    Granted it does not work hence they are reworking it, but that is the entire point.

    True but if you’re not giving people the incentive to stay at the rank they belong, they will simply try to derank and have some fun rather than staying in rank 1 with all those sweaty people.

  • Derank is not a point either because current matchmaking puts you still in kinda random lobbies. Btw you cannot farm iri shards because it is simply playtime that grants them, no need for emblems to be good or BP earned, just playtime.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1195160#Comment_1195160

    True but if you’re not giving people the incentive to stay at the rank they belong, they will simply try to derank and have some fun rather than staying in rank 1 with all those sweaty people.

    ok? and what is hte problem with that? I would assume you/they want people to have fun

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1195163#Comment_1195163

    ok? and what is hte problem with that? I would assume you/they want people to have fun

    You mean you’re fine with experienced rank 1 players deranking so that they get to bully inexperienced players?

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1195170#Comment_1195170

    You mean you’re fine with experienced rank 1 players deranking so that they get to bully inexperienced players?

    Well now you are claiming all players have the same concept of "fun" which by your vision is seemingly the same as being toxic and as example myself, its not true, I dont "bully" anyone, I dont think that is fun.

    A more relaxed game is more fun for all involved, less sweaty as you put it, less try hard, being able to let some stuff go, give some something.

    Same for killer, look at Otz for example, he often feels he needs to kill someone even though he knows he kinda unfortunately stumbled on this same person way too often so he knows they are not having a good time, he says he is sorry but he still kills them because "he cant afford" letting them live because of how the game is going, and he does not want to completely get owned.

    On a more relaxed game you can choose to at most slug the survivor and just go for others, maybe even letting a few go, that is a lot more fun for both you and the other players involved.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1195175#Comment_1195175

    Well now you are claiming all players have the same concept of "fun" which by your vision is seemingly the same as being toxic and as example myself, its not true, I dont "bully" anyone, I dont think that is fun.

    A more relaxed game is more fun for all involved, less sweaty as you put it, less try hard, being able to let some stuff go, give some something.

    Same for killer, look at Otz for example, he often feels he needs to kill someone even though he knows he kinda unfortunately stumbled on this same person way too often so he knows they are not having a good time, he says he is sorry but he still kills them because "he cant afford" letting them live because of how the game is going, and he does not want to completely get owned.

    On a more relaxed game you can choose to at most slug the survivor and just go for others, maybe even letting a few go, that is a lot more fun for both you and the other players involved.

    You’re not getting my point. I’m not generalizing and saying this concept of “fun” is the same as for everyone else, I’m saying that those players with this concept of “fun” would get an incentive not to do it, while in the meantime actually rewarding players that played this game for ages and get rank 1 after each reset.

  • Rewards for Rank 1 would be a bad idea.

    It would reward even worse gameplay, it would reward both sides for playing their sweatiest, jerkiest, key using, mori using, slugging, camping, tunneling way possible.

    Not that it happens already, but you it'll make it okay and it'll make it common.

  • I mean next reset i'll just unrank myself and play against new player so i farm my level on the easy way.I'm tired to play against toxic people and try hard as killer to go rank 1 for nothing .

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    copy paste from other thread:

    Ermm I think you are missing the point of rank or ranking up, its not some achievement, its just there to match up people of equal skill with eachother for the most fair/balanced matches.

    Granted it does not work hence they are reworking it, but that is the entire point.

    the thing is there is no incentive to rank up. the only thing you get when you rank up is just terrible queue times and thats the only thing awarded from that, it would be better if the devs just added a reward it could be as simple as 5,000 shards or 500k bp so that players feel as though they can get something out of it

  • I think we also need to talk about devotion rewards. At least for prestige you get bloody clothing. Devotion doesn't even give you that. The whole devotion system is kinda stupid. Play for an ungodly amount of time for a little green number (which others can't even see) that shows how many times you got to level 100 and nothing more. I would literally take anything as reward for devotion. Extra shards, bloodpoints, a piece of clothing, hell even some items and add-ons for a character of my choice.