Suggestion: there should always an obession in every match

This idea grew in my head by observing how every match where there is no obsession becomes a tunnel fest. Even when I play killer, if there is no obsession I noticed I tend to be less careful about who was recently hooked and who not. The reason is really simple, without obsession there is no DS, and without DS there is no downside to tunneling.

I think making that there is always an obsession (chosen randomly if there are no obsession related perks) would be a nice disincentive to tunneling without creating some convoluted mechanic against it, and would make survivors who like to play non-meta builds happier.

Comments

  • The only problem with making an obsession every match, without an obsession perk, is that it would cause confusion on the survivor side of things. It would lead them to assume one or more or their fellow survivors have Decisive Strike, and/or that the killer has an obsession perk.

    What I would like to see is more viable survivor obsession perks than Decisive Strike.

  • Every survivor runs bt ds adrenaline there would be benefit killers already know that every survivor is coming with 3 crutch no skill no effort second chance perks

  • @GoshJosh said:

    The only problem with making an obsession every match is that it would cause confusion on the survivor side of things. It would lead them to assume one or more or their fellow survivors have Decisive Strike, and/or that the killer has an obsession related perk.

    What I would like to see is more viable survivor obsession perks than Decisive Strike.

    I doubt people play differently if there is an obession, especially solos. Saving someone thinking "it's alright, they got DS" is a terrible play even if there is an obsession.

    @elvangulley said:

    Every survivor runs bt ds adrenaline there would be benefit killers already know that every survivor is coming with 3 crutch no skill no effort second chance perks


    Did you even read the post?

  • Yes ooo isnt gonna make killers think someone has ds because we already know all survivors have it

  • And if a killer wants to tunnel they will just eat the ds anyway