New Hatch idea
What if when there are 3 gens left and 1 survivor alive the hatch doesn't open until survivor will turn on a certain number of levers on the map( can be found on the walls). This will make the killer go for the objectives and not trying to find the hatch and facecamp it for 1 hour. When the survivor turned on all levers the hatch will be revealed to him.
They anyway wanted to make surviors do more than some generators...
They anyway wanted to make surviors do more than some generators...
Comments
It's a step in the right direction.
Some people have suggested hiding a key on the map.
Honestly, the hatch is a really complicated issue. It seems unclear how to balance it properly.
I like that idea! My idea was that here are 2 Hatches. Both can be closed, but the killer has to do it individually.
I think it should be that if the killer gets to the hatch then they can close it, and then the survivor has to finish another generator to reopen it again.
That way they’re only one generator away from it, but it makes it so the killer can interact with the door and add more of a challenge to getting the hatch.
I figure if all the generators are done, then the hatch stays open. But this means the last few generators don’t automatically finish after getting five. That way the killer can close the hatch several times after the gate doors are available.
It makes it so people don’t just wander around and look for the hatch, but are also forced to go to the last few generators to complete them.
Yeah it would be difficult, but I think the hatch it a special escape. If you can open a gate instead and exit that way, then an alternative exit should be a bigger challenge.
Sorry, I’ll stop rambling, haha. Thanks for adding this bread to talk about hatch alternatives, I dig it.