This game needs to give players 3-5mil starting no to compete at all. Prove me wrong.

New player retention is trash can't get any of my friends to play it for free for more than a day.

Comments

  • Personally I dont think we should go this far, but make all survivors start with 3 perk slots and all their 3 perks at tier III. Same with killers.

  • My first experience with the game was last Christmas. My cousins were big fans of the game, and I went over to visit them and they asked me to try it out. They showed me a game first, both as survivor and killer. Then they let me give the game a try. It was against a huntress (I remember because I hid in a locker because of the humming and didn't come out until it went away). There were many things I didn't understand about the game, even though I had played the tutorial as well as listened to my cousins explain the game to me. Later, I got the game myself so I could play with them, figuring eventually I'd get better.

    Christmas day, I played Killer for the first time. And the experience was... really difficult. I had no idea what I was doing. I picked Spirit because I thought she looked the coolest. Had no idea how her power worked. I gave another game of survivor a try, and simply couldn't do anything.

    When I played with my cousins, though, things were a lot different. They'd bring Borrowed time to use against the campers. They'd give me useful advice after matches (We weren't playing on Comms or anything). I'd watch them when I inevitably died. It was only through that I started enjoying the game more.

    My experience was improved largely by having people I know to play with, and who'd help me out with perks and builds that made my experience better. At least on the survivor side. On the killer side, it took watching videos from people like Otzdarva to really understand how to be a better killer.

    I don't think more bloodpoints is the answer. A better tutorial would be helpful. But ultimately the community can help itself grow by helping new players. Especially ones they bring in personally. There's a lot of campers among the Rank 20's. Because that's all baby killers really know what to do.

  • It's better to give neewbies a steady progression than everytjing at once.

    They'll have time to actually look at the stuff theyre unlocking.

  • How about increased bloodpoints gains all around?

    Make 1.25x bloodpoint an always thing?

    Reduce the bloodweb costs a lil bit?