Sneak peak in chases?

Hi guy's it is me again :)

I saw a Video where the Survivor was chased by the Killer in a jungle gym and he was sometimes sneak peak what the killer is doing.

So,when I can do this without beeing punished?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Kikki

    Can you be more descriptive about what 'Sneak peaking what the Killer is doing during a chase" means?

    Do you mean looking behind you while the Killer is chasing you? You can do that by switching which key is running away from the Killer while turning your camera towards them with the mouse. So to be more descriptive, you hold W to move forward in a chase when you're not looking at them, than you turn your camera around mid-chase while switching from the W key to the S key to keep moving in that direction AWAY from the killer.

    If that's not what you mean, than please explain what you do mean.

  • I mean aomething like zubatlel did in this Video https://youtu.be/dhmUwiZ1RGw

    He was running a Jungle gym and sometimes stopped for a little second only to look behind a wall @FireHazard

  • @Kikki said:

    I mean aomething like zubatlel did in this Video https://youtu.be/dhmUwiZ1RGw

    He was running a Jungle gym and sometimes stopped for a little second only to look behind a wall @FireHazard

    if I understood what you said, yes. Sneak peaking as survivor, which I think you mean using (or abusing) the 3rd person cam to see the killer during the chase, is a very common practice. there are many spots in the pre-set loops where you are pretty safe and you can view the killer, if you want I might tell you which one.

  • So using your tps camera to look around walls? You can do that pretty much anywhere that your normal view is obstructed. You do that when you want to see where the killer will go so you know how to immediately react. You do that pretty much anywhere in loops where it is safe to do so, meaning as long as you can see all possible entrances of the killer with enough space for reaction time, your safe. Don't do that if in doing so, the other pathway is blocked from your vision, and don't do that if the wall or corner you are looking over is too short/blocked (that if they do come around where you are looking, you are too close to them, and will be hit)

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187473#Comment_1187473

    if I understood what you said, yes. Sneak peaking as survivor, which I think you mean using (or abusing) the 3rd person cam to see the killer during the chase, is a very common practice. there are many spots in the pre-set loops where you are pretty safe and you can view the killer, if you want I might tell you which one.

    @Kikki This^

    All he's really doing is standing at safe corners to see where the Killer might go next, that's about it. You can use common sense to know when it's safe to do this, since a lot of loops, like the jungle gyms for example, have long walls that the Killer has to go around. All you have to do is stand at the far end of the corner of a loop and place your camera in the right position to view both angles.

    It's not really a secret if you review his videos some more. An example of this is at 4:05 of the video you linked above, he stands at a point with both sides in view to know where the Killer might come out of. It's a pretty common practice, it's nothing new.