I started working on getting all the trophies and lord have mercy...

I didn't think I'd find one that might be more annoying than 1000 huntress hatchets but boy oh boy I found two!

-250 protection hits on people that have recently been unhooked.

-As the last survivor, finish the last gen and escape through the exit gates.

The first one pretty much requires you to hook trade a metric ton with people which is normally a bad idea and with how the game works now the 2nd one is nearly impossible.

I got the Platinum a while back and I recently decided I'd try to get all the trophies just for something to do while I play and I expected a grind and challenge with some of these but my god do those two hurt my soul. The 1000 hatchets is going to bad as well but those two just hurt me to even think about.

4k Tomestone Myers is going to be bad as well.

Just...any tips to make these less painful?

Comments

    • play the game (250 protection hits), hoping it's not a bugged trophy like wounded healer;
    • farming game (left behind trophy)
    • wait till many ranks reset (tombstone Myers)
  • Taking One for the Team is simply a badly designed achievement. They should lower the number for it by a LOT. I suggest you don't try to farm it too hard, for your own sanity. Set a number of something like 5 a day and don't sweat it. If you wait for rank reset, it's better, because players in the 2-digit ranks don't see hook farming as negatively.

    I suggest you use BT, Empathy and either SC with Botany, or one out of SC/Inner Strength/Pharmacy with a 4th perk of your choosing. Probably Unbreakable in case the killer slugs you to chase the rescued person, or We're Gonna Farm Forever for the extra dosh. I wouldn't bring a medkit, because you'll burn through your stash easily. Don't get found first. If that happens, you are self-reliant for healing, and you'll need to be full health to go for the unhook. You'll know the hit counts toward the achievement if you get two protection hit score events simultaneously, one for 200 and the other for 100 bp.

    About Left for Dead, keep in mind that it wasn't designed with EGC in mind. So much that, after EGC was introduced, they had to change Left Behind, which essentially was the perk for this achievement, because it became useless. It was a way easier achievement pre-EGC, because the killer would usually camp the hatch and then they'd have to guard the gates on top of that. I saw this one done by repairing not only 1, but even 2 gens.

    I suggest to play normally and, if there's two of you left and your teammate is caught, simply 99 the last gen until they're dead. If they aren't caught, then simply finish the gen, don't sandbag. You can run pretty much whatever you want. If I had to choose something, I'd go with Wake-up, Spine Chill, Poised and Fixated, with a medkit. Be the immersed gen-jockey. When you finish the last gen, book it to a gate without leaving scratch marks and use Spine Chill, Fixated and Wake-up to open while skating around the killer.

    For Evil Incarnate, Judith's Tombstone, Fragrant Tuft of Hair and PWYF are non-negotiable. The rest is up to you, considering what you have available. I strongly suggest Corrupt Intervention. Ruin, possibly in combo with Surveillance, is not as good an alternative anymore, but it's ok in indoor maps, due to totem spawns. Other good-to-decent choices to complete the build are: M&A to get some easier stalking while in EW2, Discordance for multiple targets to stalk, Whispers for the early and endgame, Brutal Strength because survivors tend to drop pallets early when they realize what you're doing (for the same reason Enduring and Skill Fury are not that great for this), Fire-up because you WILL lose gens going for this achievement, Bitter Murmur for the same reason, Deerstalker to slug the next-to-last survivor to prevent a hatch escape (remember that you then have to pick up the slug, and drop repeatedly if they don't wiggle, until they escape grasp, otherwise you can't tombstone them. Try to reach an area where you can chase them more easily when doing this), Insidious if you want to camp the slug or get tricky near the last gens (that's really evil, which fits the job description). The best map for this is Gideon, imo. Spies from the Shadows is better than Whispers on this map, if you planned on using the latter. However, it's been done on every map. I did it on Pale Rose.

    Go around stalking and try to get your PWYF stacks. You can give someone a quick easy hit, if the situation presents itself and you don't have stacks, just to get some stalling. Otherwise, don't waste time chasing, stalk as much as you can. Someone suggests to actually try to hook early game, but I disagree. Tombstone makes you slower, so you'll need a really easy target at worst, and you run an augmented risk that they ragequit, making the achievement impossible. Even the deception factor would be negligible, considering that your surprise advantage will be gone after the first kill anyway. When in EW3, remember to get very close and just tap m1 to trigger the tombstone animation. It's better if you try after rank reset. Inexperienced survivors not only are less efficient at repairing gens, but they're also less likely to try to hop into lockers to counter your tombstone.

    BONUS: you can try pretending you're AFK and tricking the survivor into giving you easy stalk, if you feel daring enough.

    Good luck.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Taking One for the Team is simply a badly designed achievement. They should lower the number for it by a LOT. I suggest you don't try to farm it too hard, for your own sanity. Set a number of something like 5 a day and don't sweat it. If you wait for rank reset, it's better, because players in the 2-digit ranks don't see hook farming as negatively.

    I suggest you use BT, Empathy and either SC with Botany, or one out of SC/Inner Strength/Pharmacy with a 4th perk of your choosing. Probably Unbreakable in case the killer slugs you to chase the rescued person, or We're Gonna Farm Forever for the extra dosh. I wouldn't bring a medkit, because you'll burn through your stash easily. Don't get found first. If that happens, you are self-reliant for healing, and you'll need to be full health to go for the unhook. You'll know the hit counts toward the achievement if you get two protection hit score events simultaneously, one for 200 and the other for 100 bp.

    About Left for Dead, keep in mind that it wasn't designed with EGC in mind. So much that, after EGC was introduced, they had to change Left Behind, which essentially was the perk for this achievement, because it became useless. It was a way easier achievement pre-EGC, because the killer would usually camp the hatch and then they'd have to guard the gates on top of that. I saw this one done by repairing not only 1, but even 2 gens.

    I suggest to play normally and, if there's two of you left and your teammate is caught, simply 99 the last gen until they're dead. If they aren't caught, then simply finish the gen, don't sandbag. You can run pretty much whatever you want. If I had to choose something, I'd go with Wake-up, Spine Chill, Poised and Fixated, with a medkit. Be the immersed gen-jockey. When you finish the last gen, book it to a gate without leaving scratch marks and use Spine Chill, Fixated and Wake-up to open while skating around the killer.

    For Evil Incarnate, Judith's Tombstone, Fragrant Tuft of Hair and PWYF are non-negotiable. The rest is up to you, considering what you have available. I strongly suggest Corrupt Intervention. Ruin, possibly in combo with Surveillance, is not as good an alternative anymore, but it's ok in indoor maps, due to totem spawns. Other good-to-decent choices to complete the build are: M&A to get some easier stalking while in EW2, Discordance for multiple targets to stalk, Whispers for the early and endgame, Brutal Strength because survivors tend to drop pallets early when they realize what you're doing (for the same reason Enduring and Skill Fury are not that great for this), Fire-up because you WILL lose gens going for this achievement, Bitter Murmur for the same reason, Deerstalker to slug the next-to-last survivor to prevent a hatch escape (remember that you then have to pick up the slug, and drop repeatedly if they don't wiggle, until they escape grasp, otherwise you can't tombstone them. Try to reach an area where you can chase them more easily when doing this), Insidious if you want to camp the slug or get tricky near the last gens (that's really evil, which fits the job description). The best map for this is Gideon, imo. Spies from the Shadows is better than Whispers on this map, if you planned on using the latter. However, it's been done on every map. I did it on Pale Rose.

    Go around stalking and try to get your PWYF stacks. You can give someone a quick easy hit, if the situation presents itself and you don't have stacks, just to get some stalling. Otherwise, don't waste time chasing, stalk as much as you can. Someone suggests to actually try to hook early game, but I disagree. Tombstone makes you slower, so you'll need a really easy target at worst, and you run an augmented risk that they ragequit, making the achievement impossible. Even the deception factor would be negligible, considering that your surprise advantage will be gone after the first kill anyway. When in EW3, remember to get very close and just tap m1 to trigger the tombstone animation. It's better if you try after rank reset. Inexperienced survivors not only are less efficient at repairing gens, but they're also less likely to try to hop into lockers to counter your tombstone.

    BONUS: you can try pretending you're AFK and tricking the survivor into giving you easy stalk, if you feel daring enough.

    Good luck.

    Thank you very much for the in-depth guide and I'll be keeping this all in mind when I work on these! I even have it copy and pasted on my trophy document. ^_^

    Out of curiosity do you have all the achievements/trophies? If so which one was the hardest for you?

  • Honestly for the meyers trophy, just build a couple of tombstones up and run it back to back.


    You'll have to get a bit lucky with map, gen placement, DCs, etc, but playing it multiple games wont make it feel like a failed attempt every few days you try it. I got it twice back to back but that was about a year ago lol.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186139#Comment_1186139

    Thank you very much for the in-depth guide and I'll be keeping this all in mind when I work on these! I even have it copy and pasted on my trophy document. ^_^

    Out of curiosity do you have all the achievements/trophies? If so which one was the hardest for you?

    Np, my pleasure to help.

    I don't have Taking One for the Team, Selfless Survival and Bodyguard. The last two are almost there, I'm simply letting them happen naturally. For the first one, it's a pain in the behind, as I said. I'll probably farm it slowly after rank reset.

    The most difficult was probably Left for Dead, in the sense that when I tried actively, I never got it. Eventually, I faced a Legion who moried two teammates, then he pretended he wanted to farm and forced us to do gens. My teammate asked to be sacrificed and got moried. Legion made me repair the last 3 gens solo, then lead me to the gate. As soon as I opened he swung, but I preemptively dead harded into the gate getting a bit stuck on the door. He chased me inside and downed me. He tried to start the mori animation, but I crawled out.