Do we know the exact time the rift closes?

My apologies if this has been asked before. It says it closes in one day. Does that mean we have less than 24 hours, or will it go to 0 days and then we'll still have until Wednesday (in EDT)?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @KickAss93

    When The Rift says "1 day left" it usually means it ends on the next day, so it should end tomorrow. It unfortunately doesn't give a count-down for the hours and minutes, so it might come across as confusing at first.

  • As far as the Rift countdown goes, "one day left" means more than one day, but less than two. At the point where there are less than 24 hours left, the countdown will change to show hours remaining instead. I believe the Rift is due to close in about a day and a half, at 11AM EST on the 1st.

  • @Fibijean said:

    As far as the Rift countdown goes, "one day left" means more than one day, but less than two. At the point where there are less than 24 hours left, the countdown will change to show hours remaining instead. I believe the Rift is due to close in about a day and a half, at 11AM EST on the 1st.

    God I hope so, it's so vague and everyone has a different answer. Did anyone from bhvr confirm?

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185357#Comment_1185357

    God I hope so, it's so vague and everyone has a different answer. Did anyone from bhvr confirm?

    We'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

    My information could differ from where Fibijean got hers, so I don't really know which one is true at the moment. Before I even researched the answer I didn't know what to say since I've never sat at the end of a Rifts "life-span" to confirm if it does count down the hours and minutes. As for a official confirmation, I don't know the answer to that either. I could've been said somewhere when The Archives first released, but I never heard or payed mind to it, if it was said that is.

  • I think I remember seeing an hour countdown when it was about to end on the last rift.


    I could be crazy.

  • @blue4zion said:

    I think I remember seeing an hour countdown when it was about to end on the last rift.

    I could be crazy.

    There was an hour countdown, but it wasn't clear if there was supposed to be this time. Got a healthy amount of survivor challenges and just need 7 levels but it's so grindy I'm tured after hitting it all week. I miss Doom so badly

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185357#Comment_1185357

    God I hope so, it's so vague and everyone has a different answer. Did anyone from bhvr confirm?

    No, but it's supposed to close exactly 70 days after it opened, and according to both my memory and the official Twitter, the Rift opened at 11AM ET on January 22. I believe Peanits also confirmed on his stream the other day that there will be an hour countdown again.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185564#Comment_1185564

    No, but it's supposed to close exactly 70 days after it opened, and according to both my memory and the official Twitter, the Rift opened at 11AM ET on January 22. I believe Peanits also confirmed on his stream the other day that there will be an hour countdown again.

    Well that's good to know, I personally wouldn't because I finish long before this even happens.

  • Indeed it does look like 10 or 11 tomorrow morning

  • @KickAss93

    Seems I was wrong, it should happen tomorrow at around 11AM EST time (going off of the time left in-game).

  • @Eye66 said:

    Indeed it does look like 10 or 11 tomorrow morning

    It's 11, but in Montreal, which is currently on daylight saving. So my apologies, it's actually 11AM EDT, not EST as stated above.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186646#Comment_1186646

    It's 11, but in Montreal, which is currently on daylight saving. So my apologies, it's actually 11AM EDT, not EST as stated above.

    Is that technically the same result? Unless you're just correcting what the actual Timezone is for the time of year we're in, otherwise it should be the same outcome from what I could gather.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187010#Comment_1187010

    Is that technically the same result? Unless you're just correcting what the actual Timezone is for the time of year we're in, otherwise it should be the same outcome from what I could gather.

    Some places in that timezone don't observe daylight saving, so anyone who is still on EST is actually an hour behind Montreal. I thought the distinction was worth making for the sake of those people, so they don't think the Rift ends an hour later than it actually does.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187134#Comment_1187134

    Some places in that timezone don't observe daylight saving, so anyone who is still on EST is actually an hour behind Montreal. I thought the distinction was worth making for the sake of those people, so they don't think the Rift ends an hour later than it actually does.

    Ah I see, you learn something new everyday.

  • I think it technically ended at 9 or 10 central. The grind was much less severe on the survivor side of things, if there were 6-7 more totsl killer challenges this rift would've been much more pleasurable

  • @Eye66 said:

    I think it technically ended at 9 or 10 central. The grind was much less severe on the survivor side of things, if there were 6-7 more totsl killer challenges this rift would've been much more pleasurable

    Depends how you look at it I guess, some would disagree, but I've seen some people not like the asymmetrical theme to the total challenges that're given for this Tome.

  • If there was the same number of challenges for both sides itd have been great, that's what I mean

  • @Eye66 said:

    If there was the same number of challenges for both sides itd have been great, that's what I mean

    Well, that's why I said "depends how you look at it", some players like MORE Killer challenges than Survivor challenges.

    You're not one of those players though, you seem to enjoy an even distribution over an asymmetrical total. I understand it keeps things neat and fair, it'd be odd to see more Killer challenges as a Survivor main, same with more Survivor challenges as a Killer main.