Question to developers!

Hello,


As the spirit, while using Yamaoka Haunting, why can’t i go through objects and walls but can go through survivors?

Comments

  • Because the developers wanted to somehow higher her skillfloor/make "Stridor" a must-have.

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    Hello,

    As the spirit, while using Yamaoka Haunting, why can’t i go through objects and walls but can go through survivors?

    I asked myself the same thing the other day.


    But the anwser is to increase the hability to counter her. Also, in the patch log they said something like "if you cant see but you can colide, its no sense cause if you colide with the air so you know the survivir is right there, and not seeing him becomes irrelevant".


    I agree. Spirit is a very strong and easy 4k killer. This change didnt change it, but at least give more chances for mindgaming the Haunting.

  • So my best guess is because of her lore, she travels to an etherial plain where she can't see survivors, and survivors can't see her. However in this plain, the world is the same, hence she can't go through objects. The only difference is she can't interact with survivors.

    Gameplay wise because it would be an absolute NIGHTMARE. What if you ran out of power midway through an object? What if you cancel? What about dead zones? Which objects could be phased through and which couldn't? How would this be balanced?

  • @Oicimau said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/140629/question-to-developers

    I asked myself the same thing the other day.

    But the anwser is to increase the hability to counter her. Also, in the patch log they said something like "if you cant see but you can colide, its no sense cause if you colide with the air so you know the survivir is right there, and not seeing him becomes irrelevant".

    I agree. Spirit is a very strong and easy 4k killer. This change didnt change it, but at least give more chances for mindgaming the Haunting.

    Spirit is a strong killer and easy 4K? You mean if my mom played spirit against you she would be able to 2 tap you in a second.


    spirit is not strong and stop listening to those nonsense twitch streamers. she is a 4.4m/s killer which means she will NEVER walk up and hit a survivor. Her power is everything to her if she misses, the chases will extend and in higher ranks if you don’t down a survivor in 20 seconds you immediately lose the game.


    play in Korean server and see how people destroy any killer including the Nurse and Spirit.

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184701#Comment_1184701

    Spirit is a strong killer and easy 4K? You mean if my mom played spirit against you she would be able to 2 tap you in a second.

    spirit is not strong and stop listening to those nonsense twitch streamers. she is a 4.4m/s killer which means she will NEVER walk up and hit a survivor. Her power is everything to her if she misses, the chases will extend and in higher ranks if you don’t down a survivor in 20 seconds you immediately lose the game.

    play in Korean server and see how people destroy any killer including the Nurse and Spirit.

    Salty, huh?


    Korean gamers destroy everybody in everygame. LOL Its a natural law. (Am I joking?)


    Btw, Spirit is the killer I face that I know will be a 4K and I will end up dead. When I play her, its almost aways a 4k. Its my personal experience.


    Bye, have a good time. :D