This Matchmaking is Not OK (PS4)

PS_Messages_20200329_203154.jpg

I'm not a great killer in all honesty, but I give it an honest effort now and again, and I'm at least trying to improve. However, getting matched with rank 1s as a brown rank is making it really difficult.


This isn't the first time I've been matched with a rank 1 survivor in the last few days, but this match was by far the worst so far, with four obviously swf teammates with coordinated perks and items, and not a single one lower than a purple rank. I had that feeling in the queue that it was going to be a bad match when I saw the items in their hands, but I took the chance anyways. They kicked my teeth in.


I understand killers are typically matched with higher rank survivors, but this is a but too extreme.

Comments

  • And yet when I play rank 1 the survivors are purple...

  • Why @ them? They already said they were working on the magical hidden MMR system that I thought was supposed to be implemented by now. Plus this matchmaking goes along with the past 2 months so welcome to DBD. Just let them work on the cosmetics and new chapters instead of bothering them with matchmaking and bugs!

  • @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183928#Comment_1183928

    Why @ them? They already said they were working on the magical hidden MMR system that I thought was supposed to be implemented by now. Plus this matchmaking goes along with the past 2 months so welcome to DBD. Just let them work on the cosmetics and new chapters instead of bothering them with matchmaking and bugs!

    I'm sure there's different teams for those, they're being worked on at the same time.

  • Yes, matchmaking is a mess but at least you got 4x bps :)

  • @yakul1nausicaa said:

    Yes, matchmaking is a mess but at least you got 4x bps :)

    Haha, yeah, it's too bad I only got a mediocre base score, so the multiplier was pretty high, but not astronomical. Imagine if I had made 25k. That would have been wild.

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183944#Comment_1183944

    I'm sure there's different teams for those, they're being worked on at the same time.

    You are absolutely right, the programming team that works on backend matchmaking is completely different from the art team that works on cosmetics and characters/maps for new chapters.

  • Matchmaking on PS4 is a mess. At rank 1 I was in a match with a rank 19 killer earlier, can't remember the other survivors ranks exactly (mix of green and purple I'm pretty sure) The killer ended up disconnecting and I don't blame them.

  • @Owlzey said:

    Matchmaking on PS4 is a mess. At rank 1 I was in a match with a rank 19 killer earlier, can't remember the other survivors ranks exactly (mix of green and purple I'm pretty sure) The killer ended up disconnecting and I don't blame them.

    Yeah, it's weird. On the flipside, I fluctuate between a purple/green rank survivor, and I almost always get lower rank brown killers that are clearly new to the game, or new to the killer they are playing. It's very strange.

  • Update: It happened again. I'm not sure whether this any better; I did sacrifice them all, but it honestly felt like I got lucky.


    PS_Messages_20200331_163339.jpg


  • It's actually insane that it happens. I was originally on Xbox for a year, and switched over to PS4 recently, and most of my matches involve a 4-man SWF with their Rank 20-16 friend bringing in all Rank 1's. Now, I already have plenty of experience as killer since I hovered in purple rank on Xbox, so they get the shock of their lives when they realise their bully squad tactics aren't working on the 'baby killer', but the simple fact is, there are actual new players encountering this kind of thing and it could be their first ever match. Imagine how they'd feel when they just get stomped all over and think that's the entire game. And people wonder why SWF is so looked down upon!