Personal complaints on random things (Please feel free to give insight, advice, or discussion)

1.) Head-on delayed effect: The perk itself is great, good for stunning killers while they are in mid-chases or carrying survivors. The problem I have is that when I see a Survivor go into a locker, I know they have head-on 90% of the time. I'll do a fake out to get them out of the locker without getting stunned. They fall for it, I go in for a lunging swing after waiting a second for them to be fully out. And yet I STILL get stunned? That is ridiculous. I can't tell whether it's a latency issue with the server or the perk just has a 2-3 second window of stunning a killer, regardless of the animation.

2.) SWF's can typically be toxic, but not all are bad. Some are potatoes and some provide a challenging match that puts me on the edge of my seat. However the WORST kind of SWF's is the one where there is a Twitch Streamer in the group. They will make sure that they ruin the game for you every chance they get and it just makes playing killer miserable. Couple of matches ago, I went up against such a team who attempted to gen rush me off the bat. All 4 had tool boxes and all 4 started together on a gen. Had I not luckily went to that area first on tour on a medium-sized map (thankfully not Ormond), they would've completed it in under 30 seconds and prob win the game from that. (I still beat them in the end, but the entire match was painful due to their toxic way of aiding each other and taunting me). And that's not including the berating comments in the endgame chat.

3.) How is it that as a killer such as Myers or Ghost Face, you are unable to stalk someone who is hiding in the cornstalks at a certain distance but someone with a flashlight at the same distance can instantly blind you? I understand that those 2 scenarios are completely different. But my point is that the Devs have made it to where the cornstalks act as concealment against killer's powers and chases (up to a certain point) but not give light the same treatment?

4.) I don't know the algorithm of how these maps are selected when the match is preparing to begin on PC. But I've played nonstop everyday for hours at a time and I'm always getting the SAME MAPS. I can't even recall the last time I've played Dead Dawg Saloon, it's been so long. While I was playing on Coldwin Farm (for the 3rd time in the row), an idea popped into my head. Most of the maps I've been playing on constantly are what usually maps that Survivors have the highest % of escaping in. Coldwin Farm, Haddon Field, the map with the barn in it (don't know the name). You have your few that are killer sided like The Game, the Laboratory, and Lery's institute. But those are very uncommon compared to the prior 3. You also have your Preschool, Red Woods, and Nurse's map sometimes but I would argue those are pretty close to survivor sided, depending on the version. If someone who is much smarter and more capable than me could compile some results through their matches and throw up some statistics on map generation for PC, that'd be fantastic. I seriously doubt the Devs play favorites on Survivor/Killer, as much as some people belligerently believe. But it is very odd.

5.) Getting reported constantly due to certain play styles. I main Killer as of right now until I get my Survivor fully maxed out on perks. As a killer, I usually switch it up between Freddy, Nurse, Trapper, Demo, and DeathSlinger. Freddy being my maxed out killer and everyone else having sporadic perks since I leveled them up to get their teachable perks. Obviously with every killer, I have to play a different way with the perks I have. Few games ago, I played Freddy against a pretty potato team. I chased these 3 Survivors who ran into a shack so I began to teleport. Mind you, I was doing a mind game trick because I knew one of them wouldn't go in/hop out. So I see this dude drop a pallet and wait outside. I stop the teleport before it completes and down him. He does a hook suicide on second hook, whatever. Finish the match and move into the results screen.

This same dude I got down, reports me to Steam (not to DBD from the way he described it) and tells me I cheated by "swinging on teleport". I guess he either experienced a severe latency issue or he doesn't know how Freddy's power works. But he is just absolutely ignorant and this isn't the first time people have reported me for essentially beat them in an odd or mind gaming play style.

One more example is that sometimes I like to go on Demo and RP as a monster. I'll get slugging perks and just start hunting. As a monster, Demo doesn't care about hooks, he cares about killing. So I'll just go around and slug any survivors I see. Giving them the chance to escape and get each other back up, whatever. However there have been matches where I've slugged all 4 and they have bled out (usually because they run iron will, crawl away, and then I can't find them) And I've been reported SO many times for "holding the game hostage".

TLDR for 5.): There needs to be a pinned post or something detailed on game rules because no one is on the same page of what is can be reported and what can't be.

6.) Red Rank Survivors and killers will berate you and belittle you if you play anything that makes the game extremely difficult for them. Run a specific Meta perk? You're sweaty and trash. Player a specific killer that they don't know how to defend against? You're trash. Play a killer that has a steep learning curve and the survivors escape? You're a baby killer. Killed someone on their third hook? You somehow camp/tunneled them. Even if they never left the area, or kept running into your sights, it's your fault.

7.) Spawn locations. On PC, I've noticed very frequently that I as a killer am spawning way too close to Survivors. I can look or walk a certain direction and I already see them running to me or across my screen not even 32m away. I've even walked up on them doing a gen that was within my terror radius as soon as the match started. What algorithm would put Survivors right next to me spawning in? That's just unfair for them and shouldn't be a thing.


TLDR;

1.) Head-on perk has a long window to stun.

2.) Twitch Streamers that play SWF's are very toxic and not fun to play with.

3.) Cornstalks acting as objects for killers powers and sights but not for Survivor's items.

4.) Playing the same maps over and over.

5.) Getting reported for playing the game the way it was supposed to be played.

6.) Red Rank (really all ranks but it's more prevalent in Red) being very rude and toxic, making this game hard to play since they're the face of the community and it's nearly EVERY MATCH. I've played back when you got hate messages through Xbox 360 while playing CoD. But this is ridiculous because it's so consistent.

7.) Spawning too close to killers/survivors.

Comments

  • @Desh said:

    1.) Head-on delayed effect: The perk itself is great, good for stunning killers while they are in mid-chases or carrying survivors. The problem I have is that when I see a Survivor go into a locker, I know they have head-on 90% of the time. I'll do a fake out to get them out of the locker without getting stunned. They fall for it, I go in for a lunging swing after waiting a second for them to be fully out. And yet I STILL get stunned? That is ridiculous. I can't tell whether it's a latency issue with the server or the perk just has a 2-3 second window of stunning a killer, regardless of the animation.

    2.) SWF's can typically be toxic, but not all are bad. Some are potatoes and some provide a challenging match that puts me on the edge of my seat. However the WORST kind of SWF's is the one where there is a Twitch Streamer in the group. They will make sure that they ruin the game for you every chance they get and it just makes playing killer miserable. Couple of matches ago, I went up against such a team who attempted to gen rush me off the bat. All 4 had tool boxes and all 4 started together on a gen. Had I not luckily went to that area first on tour on a medium-sized map (thankfully not Ormond), they would've completed it in under 30 seconds and prob win the game from that. (I still beat them in the end, but the entire match was painful due to their toxic way of aiding each other and taunting me). And that's not including the berating comments in the endgame chat.

    3.) How is it that as a killer such as Myers or Ghost Face, you are unable to stalk someone who is hiding in the cornstalks at a certain distance but someone with a flashlight at the same distance can instantly blind you? I understand that those 2 scenarios are completely different. But my point is that the Devs have made it to where the cornstalks act as concealment against killer's powers and chases (up to a certain point) but not give light the same treatment?

    4.) I don't know the algorithm of how these maps are selected when the match is preparing to begin on PC. But I've played nonstop everyday for hours at a time and I'm always getting the SAME MAPS. I can't even recall the last time I've played Dead Dawg Saloon, it's been so long. While I was playing on Coldwin Farm (for the 3rd time in the row), an idea popped into my head. Most of the maps I've been playing on constantly are what usually maps that Survivors have the highest % of escaping in. Coldwin Farm, Haddon Field, the map with the barn in it (don't know the name). You have your few that are killer sided like The Game, the Laboratory, and Lery's institute. But those are very uncommon compared to the prior 3. You also have your Preschool, Red Woods, and Nurse's map sometimes but I would argue those are pretty close to survivor sided, depending on the version. If someone who is much smarter and more capable than me could compile some results through their matches and throw up some statistics on map generation for PC, that'd be fantastic. I seriously doubt the Devs play favorites on Survivor/Killer, as much as some people belligerently believe. But it is very odd.

    5.) Getting reported constantly due to certain play styles. I main Killer as of right now until I get my Survivor fully maxed out on perks. As a killer, I usually switch it up between Freddy, Nurse, Trapper, Demo, and DeathSlinger. Freddy being my maxed out killer and everyone else having sporadic perks since I leveled them up to get their teachable perks. Obviously with every killer, I have to play a different way with the perks I have. Few games ago, I played Freddy against a pretty potato team. I chased these 3 Survivors who ran into a shack so I began to teleport. Mind you, I was doing a mind game trick because I knew one of them wouldn't go in/hop out. So I see this dude drop a pallet and wait outside. I stop the teleport before it completes and down him. He does a hook suicide on second hook, whatever. Finish the match and move into the results screen.

    This same dude I got down, reports me to Steam (not to DBD from the way he described it) and tells me I cheated by "swinging on teleport". I guess he either experienced a severe latency issue or he doesn't know how Freddy's power works. But he is just absolutely ignorant and this isn't the first time people have reported me for essentially beat them in an odd or mind gaming play style.

    One more example is that sometimes I like to go on Demo and RP as a monster. I'll get slugging perks and just start hunting. As a monster, Demo doesn't care about hooks, he cares about killing. So I'll just go around and slug any survivors I see. Giving them the chance to escape and get each other back up, whatever. However there have been matches where I've slugged all 4 and they have bled out (usually because they run iron will, crawl away, and then I can't find them) And I've been reported SO many times for "holding the game hostage".

    TLDR for 5.): There needs to be a pinned post or something detailed on game rules because no one is on the same page of what is can be reported and what can't be.

    6.) Red Rank Survivors and killers will berate you and belittle you if you play anything that makes the game extremely difficult for them. Run a specific Meta perk? You're sweaty and trash. Player a specific killer that they don't know how to defend against? You're trash. Play a killer that has a steep learning curve and the survivors escape? You're a baby killer. Killed someone on their third hook? You somehow camp/tunneled them. Even if they never left the area, or kept running into your sights, it's your fault.

    7.) Spawn locations. On PC, I've noticed very frequently that I as a killer am spawning way too close to Survivors. I can look or walk a certain direction and I already see them running to me or across my screen not even 32m away. I've even walked up on them doing a gen that was within my terror radius as soon as the match started. What algorithm would put Survivors right next to me spawning in? That's just unfair for them and shouldn't be a thing.

    TLDR;

    1.) Head-on perk has a long window to stun.

    2.) Twitch Streamers that play SWF's are very toxic and not fun to play with.

    3.) Cornstalks acting as objects for killers powers and sights but not for Survivor's items.

    4.) Playing the same maps over and over.

    5.) Getting reported for playing the game the way it was supposed to be played.

    6.) Red Rank (really all ranks but it's more prevalent in Red) being very rude and toxic, making this game hard to play since they're the face of the community and it's nearly EVERY MATCH. I've played back when you got hate messages through Xbox 360 while playing CoD. But this is ridiculous because it's so consistent.

    7.) Spawning too close to killers/survivors.

    All of your complaints seem invalid and ridiculous.

  • Knew I could count on a fellow DBD community member to shed some light and knowledge on why my complaints are invalid and ridiculous.

  • Killers have such an advantage all it takes is a little awareness and a little competence. Get good man. Stuns from missed attacks aren’t even that bad 😂 put on unrelenting then. I do agree on #7 though. We shouldn’t need a vigos shroud to be as far away from killer as possible. Even then it doesn’t feel like enough. Killers can down and kill ppl too easily imo. Teammates get mad at ppl for looting chests or breaking totems when they shouldn’t be. That just tells you the pace of the game is too fast I can’t even do the things that the game puts in there for me? Pssshh.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    Killers have such an advantage all it takes is a little awareness and a little competence. Get good man. Stuns from missed attacks aren’t even that bad 😂 put on unrelenting then. I do agree on #7 though. We shouldn’t need a vigos shroud to be as far away from killer as possible. Even then it doesn’t feel like enough. Killers can down and kill ppl too easily imo. Teammates get mad at ppl for looting chests or breaking totems when they shouldn’t be. That just tells you the pace of the game is too fast I can’t even do the things that the game puts in there for me? Pssshh.

    You must've misunderstood the 1st point. It's not about me missing the attack. The attack would've landed. My point is that even with them fully out of the locker and standing there with the locker closed, I still get stunned from Head-on?

  • 1) Spirits existance.

    2) Some perks/addons being complete jokes.

    3) Slow pace of updates. It feels like nothing will ever get fixed.

    4) This game became a race to the finish line instead of a horror experience.

    Those are my complaints on the game atm.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182475#Comment_1182475

    Knew I could count on a fell DBD community member to shed some light and knowledge on why it's invalid and ridiculous.

    Ignore his comments, he is extremely survivor biased and won't be happy until Killers are nerfed down to a single survivors power.

  • Constantly there’s just too much pressure from things happening too fast on both sides that I don’t think people are happy. I’d love it if the game slowed down a bit. Ebony Mori’s removed from the game. Alternate objectives for survivors such as finding parts to replace on generators to complete Them. If generator regresses a certain amount then the part falls off, survivor simply picks it back up and repairs it again? Idk. Sounds cool. But I shouldn’t spawn in and see teammates going down 15 seconds into the match. I get it, just a bad teammate right? No, the killer spawned on that guy. You can’t always be next to a god-like loop 😂 I mean, killers have so many ways of putting you down quickly and ending chases fast once they find you I just don’t think Ebony Mori’s are necessary. I’ve seen survivor teams work around them without anyone getting Mori’d, but they shouldn’t have to work that hard at being a survivor avoiding a SINGLE hook just because the killer can put an offering on that practically spawns in every single level of the bloodweb tree for killers. That’s unfair.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182482#Comment_1182482

    You must've misunderstood the 1st point. It's not about me missing the attack. The attack would've landed. My point is that even with them fully out of the locker and standing there with the locker closed, I still get stunned from Head-on?

    He is a troll don't bother

    1- I agree with this, if you think the survivor is in the locker try to bait him out of the locker by going through the side and backing off last second

    2-We all know streamers are toxic, your best hope is to either bring a mori or camp/slug him

    3- That there isn't much to do about that

    4-You can allways bring an offering if you are desperate for another map

    5-Ignore all report threats, unless you actually break a game rule nothing will happen to you

    6-Bets hope is to disable chat, and block every menssage, or kill them with kindness and whish them a happy day, it usually makes them angrier

    7-How is that unfair for a killer? Its all random chances soo sometimes you get closer and sometimes really far away

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182485#Comment_1182485

    He is a troll don't bother

    1- I agree with this, if you think the survivor is in the locker try to bait him out of the locker by going through the side and backing off last second

    2-We all know streamers are toxic, your best hope is to either bring a mori or camp/slug him

    3- That there isn't much to do about that

    4-You can allways bring an offering if you are desperate for another map

    5-Ignore all report threats, unless you actually break a game rule nothing will happen to you

    6-Bets hope is to disable chat, and block every menssage, or kill them with kindness and whish them a happy day, it usually makes them angrier

    7-How is that unfair for a killer? Its all random chances soo sometimes you get closer and sometimes really far away

    Counters or explanations:

    1-As stated, I've already done that. I'll trick them so that they come out. I'll wait a second for the animation to finish so that I go in for a swing. But there are times where I still get stunned even when the animation is over. I can't tell if it's the perk's stun window or a latency issue.

    2-I hardly ever Mori unless I run DH. But I typically end most of them very quickly. I just hate having to deal with them so much because they're all red rank due to their followers. Not to their actual skill.

    3-More of a complaint to Devs.

    4-I could but shouldn't you know? We have all these maps in the game yet I have to bring an offering to stop going to the constant 3-4 maps I go to every time? My offerings typically go to more BP since it's blood rush.

    5-I do, but it's still infuriating.

    6-Need to start doing that instead of trying to reason with them.

    7-It's unfair for the survivors. I shouldn't be hooking someone 10-15 seconds into the match. Nor would I want to spawn in and have a killer immediately come after me because he saw me immediately when the match started.

  • Ebony Mori’s should just be labeled “common”