How would cross-progression work?

I’m going to be honest, I’ve never seen a game gain cross-progression (haven’t played many games that have it at all) but as someone who plays over multiple devices, I have a few concerns.

Firstly, what would happen to my accounts? Would I have to sign up for a BHVR brand account to play on my platforms?

Secondly, would my progress over the platforms become an amalgamation or is it a one account trumps all kinda thing? What would happen to the characters who have different perks?

Thirdly, what would happen to cosmetics? I’ve bought several cosmetics over my accounts, would I get to use them and over cross progression or would they stick to the singular account I’m on?

Comments

  • A cross-progession system would require the creation of a DBD account system. Unless that is Behaviour opts to use Xbox Live accounts, which some other games do for cross-progression.

    As to what would happen with our current saves tied to are platform accounts I don't know. That would be up to Behaviour to decide. I presume they would allow you to link your platform accounts with your DBD accounts. My guess is you'd have to choose one over the other to link. I doubt they would allow you to link multiple platform accounts with one DBD account.

  • @Okapi said:

    A cross-progession system would require the creation of a DBD account system. Unless that is Behaviour opts to use Xbox Live accounts, which some other games do for cross-progression.

    As to what would happen with our current saves tied to are platform accounts I don't know. That would be up to Behaviour to decide. I presume they would allow you to link your platform accounts with your DBD accounts. My guess is you'd have to choose one over the other to link. I doubt they would allow you to link multiple platform accounts with one DBD account.

    Thank you very much! It was kind of you to give such a thoughtful and knowledgable answer!

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    Look to Bungies Cross Save feature for destiny 2

    Thank you for sharing - I see how it would work. Hopefully at least my cosmetics will carry over...