Feedback: Server Errors causing more Disconnection Penalties
Every day for the last three days I've had the server kick me out at least once each day, through no fault of my own. My internet has been fine lately (I had some troubles last week, which have since cleared up). Just now though, I've had two server errors in a row disconnect me from the game leading to another one hour penalty. Now, obviously all I can do is wait the penalty out. But I do think it's rather unfair that I'm being punished for something that's completely out of my control and that I can do absolutely NOTHING about.
Is there a need for a DC Penalty? Absolutely.
Should BHVR get rid of the penalty? That's not what I'm suggesting.
But given that the server can randomly disconnect people at no fault of their own (even with Green ping! I never play games unless I have green ping!) I think that the penalties shouldn't be so harsh. It should take more disconnects for the penalty to escalate beyond the 30 minute mark than it currently does. Now I'm worried about playing the game again because if I do -- and the server kicks me again, I'll get a 6 hour penalty. And I have ZERO way of knowing if that'll happen or not. Others appear to be in the same boat as me. I think 30 minute time outs are fair. At the very least, I don't think it should escalate beyond an hour before several disconnections in a short period of time.
I get the idea is to dissuade people from disconnecting. But when they are disconnected by the servers and punished for it, and they receive long penalties for it -- that's not really fair. Given that the system has no way of detecting if a DC was intentional or not, I think the penalties should escalate slower beyond the 30 minute mark so that people aren't overly punished for something they had no control over.
I'm sure some are fine with the system. They haven't dealt with this issue. But I hope they can have empathy for those of us who have. And I hope the developers do too, because it's ruining our experience with the game in a way that I'm sure is not intended.
Comments