We Need To Talk About The Hatch...
I just spent 40 minutes on one game. One game. 2 gens left, 1 survivor.
We are left standing about a groaning black hellhole. Over half an hour, of sitting there. Teabagging, running around, he even did a gen.
Some people will say "Why didn't you just let him have it?". Why should I? Why should I have to sacrifice it? Behaviour SERIOUSLY needs to look at the hatch and sort it out. I dont know how but it needs to happen.
These hatch standoffs are commonplace and make me want to die.
Thanks
Comments
Just accept that the survivors represent 80% of the community, they effectrively prevented the hatch closing mechanic, so you just have to deal with their free win now.
Why waste time, just hit them at the hatch and teach the next survivor team a lesson by making them have a horrible time
Yeah why not, DCing isnt punished anyway
We did have a good hatch fix in PTB 2.0.0a, but BHVR gave in to the whining Survivors and restored their free win. If we can't have that back, then I would like to see something where if the Killer is within a X amount of meters the hatch will close and stay closed until the Killer is out of range. However, I won't be surprised if the hatch stays as a free win because of all the Survivor crybabies.
Which is why, mostly I just don't bother with slugging the 3rd guy. I just hook the 3rd and if I find the last one before he find the hatch, I get him. No use stressing over stupid mechanics that I can't do anything about.
I kinda want a hatch closing mechanic like giving It a timer or something. This timer will encourage both side, killers and survivors to actively finding and remember them. Not just killing and fixing the generators and hoping they stumble upon it.
The thing is killers ain't suppose to 4 kills every single time, in the other hand the survivors also ain't suppose to survive all the time either. BUT this hatch mechanic kinda giving survivors a "fail-safe" behavior to them, and I don't like It both playing as killer or survivor.