Werewolf Chapter Idea (Images Included)

FREAK OF NATURE (4).png A stubborn survivor, set to execute objectives his way. (1).png THE WEREWOLF (1).png THE WEREWOLF.png THE WEREWOLF (2).png

(Keep in mind his max base speed is actually 4.7m/s but couldn't be changed due to losing the image).

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Seems like an interesting idea! I've got a couple suggestions though.


    - Oh Come On!: The killer getting 3 hooks is usually a thing that's earned by them with difficulty if the killer evenly distributed hooks instead of tunneling. I'd say this perk would be better of slowing down the second stage instead of giving them a third struggle stage.

    - Aftermath: Showing the auras is a bit overkill. If the killer is nearby to the generator, that can cause a pretty rapid down. Just the Exposed status effect is a good balance for that.

    - Sacrificial Calling: While this is a good perk for slower killers, all perks are teachables. At the maximum speed boost, it's possible to make the killer 13% faster. If that was used on a Hillbilly, Trapper, or other fast killers, that could become problematic.

  • @Riku_Odayaka said:

    Seems like an interesting idea! I've got a couple suggestions though.

    - Oh Come On!: The killer getting 3 hooks is usually a thing that's earned by them with difficulty if the killer evenly distributed hooks instead of tunneling. I'd say this perk would be better of slowing down the second stage instead of giving them a third struggle stage.

    - Aftermath: Showing the auras is a bit overkill. If the killer is nearby to the generator, that can cause a pretty rapid down. Just the Exposed status effect is a good balance for that.

    - Sacrificial Calling: While this is a good perk for slower killers, all perks are teachables. At the maximum speed boost, it's possible to make the killer 13% faster. If that was used on a Hillbilly, Trapper, or other fast killers, that could become problematic.

    Aftermath doesn't show auras. It shows locations. Big difference.

    As for Sacraficial Calling, having it be in flat numbers helps and making the temporary speedboost override rather than stacking with the permanent one would help.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1176799#Comment_1176799

    Aftermath doesn't show auras. It shows locations. Big difference.

    As for Sacraficial Calling, having it be in flat numbers helps and making the temporary speedboost override rather than stacking with the permanent one would help.

    Didn't realize it says locations instead of auras. Thanks for correcting me.

  • Anyways as for the Killer. His base stats are missing.

    Also please try and use flat values instead of percentages. I know it's easier to use percentages but given how the game tracks them it can be inconsistent sometimes given how we talk about speeds in terms of the Survivors base MS. (If a Killer is 115% MS then is 5% more 120% or 120.75%?)

  • Sorry! I'm trying to add more information, and I couldn't fit all in one image. But I will now! Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to do that, I just need to research base information more.

  • Ok so mostly looks good.

    Some things to note:

    • Hour 1's haste effect is always active. It would thus make sense to just put that down as the base speed (4.7) and then have Hour 1 just be the base form with no alterations. Btw the flat haste increase is 0.1 M/S
    • Hour 3's broken effect being every other attack is a bit counterproductive. It would feel terrible if when going after people it worked out that you were only giving injured Survivors the broken effect (at which point it doesn't matter anyways cuz they are downed). I'd make it 15 seconds on EVERY basic attack.
    • Midnights effects translated into flat values btw is 1.1 M/S (or just 1 M/S if we make the base 4.7) and 8.5 meter TR. The speed is fine (5.7 M/S total btw) but the terror radius seems slightly too small considering it. I'd bump it up to 12 meter TR increase for a total of 40 meters.
    • Next thing regarding Midnight. The missed attack penalty is a little pointless. It's only 7% so it's not really doing anything and this is his moment of power anyways. I'd just remove it.
    • Finally there is the deep wounds effect. This guy isn't like legion, he's not a stall Killer but an agro Killer more like oni. Deep wounds doesn't fit here. What I would do is instead take the broken effect from hour 3 and put it here at 30 seconds.
    • Lastly I wouldn't disable hour 2's effect at midnight. Rather I would just disable it AFTER midnight. That way he keeps the increased lunge range during the 30 seconds.

    To sum everything up:

    Base stats 4.7 M/S and 28 meter TR

    Hour 1 is baseline with no change

    Hour 2 is the lunge increase (which is perfect btw)

    Hour 3 is broken on hit 15 seconds

    Midnight is 5.7 M/S and 40 meter TR, 30 second on hit broken, 60% CDR on basic attacks and aura reading at a distance (come to think of it 16 meters might not be enough wiggle room. It may need to be a lot more such as "Survivors outside of your terror radius"). Goes away after 30 seconds.

    Last thing to think about would be addons.

    Good things to alter with addons would be:

    Time between hours

    Duration of midnight

    Duration of hour 3 broken

    Duration of midnight broken

    Midnight MS

    Midnight terror radius

    Midnight aura reading (assuming it's not being tied to the TR)

    Midnight basic attack CDR

    Midnight duration

    Downing Survivors requirement (ultra rare removes it?)

  • Wow, that helps a TON! I will work on that ASAP!

    Now, is there anything you particularly like with this kit? Such as a perk, backstory, or anything? It would help to know if I accomplished anything good as well @NuclearBurrito.

    EDIT: Changes made!

  • @Semimatic said:

    Wow, that helps a TON! I will work on that ASAP!

    Now, is there anything you particularly like with this kit? Such as a perk, backstory, or anything? It would help to know if I accomplished anything good as well @NuclearBurrito.

    I don't care about backstory, didn't read this one and didn't read the existing Killer's either, it's just not something I consider. The fundamental hours system is a pretty unique system. Lets you drip feed power to keep him relevent for a big lategame powerspike, I like it. It also encourages target switching when you are doing really good, injure survivors while the hours are charging and then down them at the end of the hour. Hour 3's effect helps emphasize that here.

    The Killer perks are pretty good (although sacrificial calling should use flat numbers for clarity), however I'm not as happy about the Survivor perks. SWF shenanigins and stuff.

  • I love how much work you've put into this.

    (I've always wanted a werewolf killer personally)

  • @Semimatic said:

    Wow, that helps a TON! I will work on that ASAP!

    Now, is there anything you particularly like with this kit? Such as a perk, backstory, or anything? It would help to know if I accomplished anything good as well @NuclearBurrito.

    Oh yeah, one thing regarding addons.

    Keep the numbers fairly low if possible. Most of the power should be in the base kit. The addons enhance a playstyle, not enable it.

    Ultra rares are an exception but should still not be super powerful, just impactful. Think hags UR's, completely changes how you play her rather than just being a straight buff.

    For example here is a possible ultra rare for your Killer:

    • Hours now last 60 seconds, but end instantly without requiring you to down a Survivor.
    • Successful basic attacks reduce the timer by 10 seconds.

    Isn't quite as fundumental a shift as the hags of course, but it's still a pretty big change. The important thing here it note is that UR's should be focused on changing a Killer rather than just buffing them.

    Purples can do this too if you want more than 2 addons like this.

    Remember its:

    4 brown

    5 yellow

    5 green

    4 purple

    2 red

  • Thanks! I'm not planning to list all addons but I might when things come down to it.

  • (Adding basic addons now guys!)