@survivors, do you enjoy the info the game is giving you these days?
Sadly I feel I need to start by saying that pls, dont make this some Us vs Them discussion or bring in all kinds of unrelated things. Im merely asking what people think off or how they feel about, all the info the game just...gives them these days:
You touch a gen, you immediatly get an icon telling you Huntress Lullaby is in effect (even when not a single soul has been hooked yet)
Mindbreaker? the game just tells you and tells you when the effect is over
Dead Man's Switch? the game just tells you
NoeD, the game tells you, you dont need to pay attention if someone goes down in one hit, it just tells you and loudly so.
Devour Hope? again it just tells you.
A bit more specific, Myers still in T3? an icon on the side of the screen will tell you, no need to look at myers, the way he walks which was specifically made to convey this information, all you need to do is pay attention of the side of the screen for that icon, you wont get caught off guard if you miss the map wide music sting because again, just look for that icon.
Probably a lot more things im currently forgetting but yeah, basically as I see it, the game isnt survivor sided in that way, its baby survivor sided, it does not reward you for playing the game a while, there is no knowledge and skill for a player to build towards because the game just tells you.
It also removes a lot of surprise which imo is sad because that could lead of fun tense situations but maybe that is just me.
So yeah, let me know, how do you feel about it.
Comments
I enjoyed it waaaay more when I had to pay any attention.
Survivor got oneshot during end game? Maybe it's noed.
How many times did Myers music play?
Are these skillchecks getting faster and faster?
This game have been dumbed down so much that you don't need to pay any attention to it anymore.
Not yet no, that is also part of this thread, because we see more and more info being given.
Thats why I mention "how long is it going to be until we get the notification about nurses calling?" etc etc
We keep getting more and more info, I think we already have too much but I fear its just going to get worse.
I think all of the information given really hurts the game in the long run. I mean, I like the effect for Expose, but I think it should only happen if you are being chased. The hex notifications are really obvious and unnecessary. People can figure things out on their own.
Even if I give you that, the OP doesn't hold water. Which was the entire point of the rebuttal.
Poking holes in my logic is just ignoring the elephant in the room.