Can't duck behind pallet to avoid hatchet hits?

I used to be able to do this all the time and it worked... now I just get hit anyway even if I'm ducking behind the higher side of the pallet. Was this removed or am I just bad???

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Oreo7

    Unfortunately, latency (especially when facing Huntress) will usually cause disjointed hatchet hits out of the blue. It's not the hitboxes that were changed, it's just latency that causes these hits to still happen. The latency isn't anyones fault, that's just a normal issue that comes from online multiplayer games.

    You'll always find a discrepancy when it comes to which side sees the hit, since to the Killer it looks normal, but to the Survivor it's disjointed. There's nothing you can really do about it, it's just a common issue every multiplayer game faces.

    So no, the hitboxes were not changed. Sometimes you'll still get hit though because your hitbox is still there, it's just shorter than the regular standing hitbox.

  • @FireHazard said:

    @Oreo7

    Unfortunately, latency (especially when facing Huntress) will usually cause disjointed hatchet hits out of the blue. It's not the hitboxes that were changed, it's just latency that causes these hits to still happen. The latency isn't anyones fault, that's just a normal issue that comes from online multiplayer games.

    You'll always find a discrepancy when it comes to which side sees the hit, since to the Killer it looks normal, but to the Survivor it's disjointed. There's nothing you can really do about it, it's just a common issue every multiplayer game faces.

    So no, the hitboxes were not changed. Sometimes you'll still get hit though because your hitbox is still there, it's just shorter than the regular standing hitbox.

    Thank you. I figured such, but wasn't sure. I know I'm bad at dodging hatchets but I know I'm not that bad lol

  • @Oreo7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1170157#Comment_1170157

    Thank you. I figured such, but wasn't sure. I know I'm bad at dodging hatchets but I know I'm not that bad lol

    I understand what you mean, some hatchet hits just look really odd sometimes...

    This is the case when facing her and even playing her sometimes. It's not like that ALL the time, but it does happen from time to time.