What is the purpose of playing with high ping?
I was wondering why some survivors want to play with high ping. I saw some people who wanted to play with 500, 700 or even 1000 ms. I was waiting quite long for it to decrease but to no avail.
Does that affect killer? I've never played with survivors with high ping, I prefer to avoid them since I want fair game. I once played with 250+ ms as a survivor and it was quite irritating game for me.
Also another question, maybe a little stupid but it's better to ask. If one survivor has high ping does that affect other survivors? I once had a game when I would teleport back and forth when I was close to that one person being chased. At the beginning I thought it's the killer's fault but when they got hooked it was impossible for me and anyone else to rescue them and after they died game was smooth.
Comments
I see. I thought that some people take advantage of it, that's what I guessed when I was checking some discussions and opinions. Though I couldn't understand how can it be advantageous.
Well I do understand that after waiting so long they want to play no matter what but isn't 1000 ms a little bit too much though?
ping spikes in the lobby could be the killer checking profiles.
Anything up to 250 is playable, IMO. Though if it spikes back and forth from yellow to red regularly for more than 20 seconds, I'll usually bow out.
Yeah, it is totally playable. I pretty consistently play as a survivor between 160-250ms. Often when I'm playing as a survivor, I'm playing with a friend of mine back home in the US (I'm American, but live in Romania). It's how we catch up with each other throughout the week. His network connection is nowhere near as good as mine, so I have him start the SWF lobby and invite me. I tend to have to deal with wonky hits from the killer around pallets and windows, but it's just something you learn to compensate for.
But, I definitely will leave the lobby if it's bouncing too much between yellow and red.
im a masochist... and love not paying attention to ping while i get hit through windows pallets walls and an entire map