Can you buy Ghost Face with Iridescent Shards?

Can you buy Ghost Face with Iridescent Shards? I am on the PS4 and noticed some killers and survivors cannot be purchased with Iridescent Shards, is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this, that some killers cannot be purchased with Iridescent Shards?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SpiritFeng

    Licensed Characters cannot be bought with Iridescent Shards due to the Devs having to pay the license holders for their trademark. You can either buy their associated DLC or buy them with Auric Cells.

  • @FichteHiro said:

    @SpiritFeng

    Licensed Characters cannot be bought with Iridescent Shards due to the Devs having to pay the license holders for their trademark. You can either buy their associated DLC or buy them with Auric Cells.

    I think his confusion stems from the mask being the only licensed thing about GhostFace. I tried looking for him in-game but unfortunately it doesn't tell me if I have his DLC already.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166882#Comment_1166882

    I think his confusion stems from the mask being the only licensed thing about GhostFace. I tried looking for him in-game but unfortunately it doesn't tell me if I have his DLC already.

    Since the (licensed) mask is part of Ghostface or the DLC, he cannot be bought with iridescent shards.

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166888#Comment_1166888

    Since the (licensed) mask is part of Ghostface or the DLC, he cannot be bought with iridescent shards.

    Yes I know that, i'm just saying that the mask is the only licensed thing about the DLC in-general. So since this is the case, some people might get confused as a result.

    But yes, having even a speck of licensed content in a DLC will ultimately make it a licensed Killer/Survivor, even if it's just a mask.