First hook suicides.
I'd like to hear if the devs have any plans right now to fix this as the DC penalty has only worsened the issue
As a killer a first hook suicide ruins any chance of a fun back and forth match and completely destroys the survivors chances against anyone half decent as well as dragging the match on to unnecessary lengths.
As a survivor it makes me want to just straight up DC and I often do as I no longer have motivation to play after the long matchmaking times.
In my last THREE RED RANK GAMES I have had a teammate get outplayed a minute or so into the match and instantly kill themselves just to screw their team with no penalty at all.
Please just remove the 'attempt escape' button if Deliverance isnt active.
Theres no excuse as people dont even use wiggle to signal a killer camping anymore for some reason.
Comments
I get your frustration regarding it but think about this, what IF your suggestion goes through?
Ok yes its more annoying for the "wanting to leave" survivor becuase they cant just dip out and look for a new match BUT what will happen then is the same on the kiler side, you get hooked? ok fine bye, imma get some tea and alt tab out doing something else until the game is over, just AFK there after you are unhooked by a teammate.
It is just as valid of a tactic as Slugging for a 4k or camping a survivor. There are even perks that increase your chances to escape and offerings that also help.
As a killer main, if this happens and you feel bad, give the last guy hatch and have some fun chases... It's what it is.
EDIT: if it is happening to you as survivor, either die on hook to or hope the killer gives you hatch, try to enjoy the game as much as possible.
AFKing is a reportable offence, plus a potential system can be implemented to flag players who do so.
The harder it is for players to quit without using the "Leave Button", the better.
This person gets it.
I can see where you're coming from but speaking from experience, back when I started plying I had games where ai'd get downed early, check out and as I tried to sacrifice myself a teammate would save me and we'd bring the match back around and escape. If this were the case I think we'd see plays like that a lot more often.
Not to mention the survivor just being on the hook is extra pressure, no matter how little that the actual players remaining could use.
Well it becomes kinda hard to speak of AFKing being reportable when a player cant do anything on a hook, they just hang there, of course a person is not just going to sit there watching their person hang around with nothing to do.
Again, I want to make clear that I get the problem but the cure suggested seems worse.
I get that you want to go in with a mentality of "good, get those players banned, the game would better without them!" but I think you run the risk quickly of killing the game all together.
ITs the same for wanting an option for killers to give up on a match