Boop the Snoot

I’ve heard of the legend, that booping the snoot of a pig could give you a free pass in dire situations but I’ve never needed or had the opportunity to try, till tonight.

I was playing with a friend and we had an early DC and the next guy did a first hook suicide, so things were bad. We managed 3 gens despite this (because you know) and my friend was downed downstairs, on the gameroom map. He was set up for pallet slam so I went for it but the Pig just dropped down into stealth and not pick up animation so... I panicked and revealed myself. She attacked me but I didn’t run but tempted to boop her snoot. When she realized she sat down and I booped it. Then I picked up my friend and had to tell him how to boop and once he did I told him to ‘slowly’ back off and then we both ran.

We did 2 gens without her then met back up at the gate where I boop her a goodbye and pointed at my Blendette in training friend hiding in the corner. After I left he told me he boop it and she let him go too.

I normally dislike these kind of interactions between survivor and killer, because I tend to take a more role play mindset to gaming, but this pig thing, has made my night. I heard about this months ago and figured it was a dead meme by now.

Welp saved my life tonight. Any1 else wanna share a story, feel free~

Comments

  • I love the occasional silly pig interaction. My favourite is being on a gen with another survivor....till i turn my camera and realise said survivor is a piggy slowly doing the 'gen peek'. Nearly every time, i'll have a mini heart attack, blow a check, and then boop that snoot. Killer can go ahead and slice me up after that, they did technically find me and i was too absorbed to notice who was on the other side of the gen.

  • @Deathslinger said:

    I’ve heard of the legend, that booping the snoot of a pig could give you a free pass in dire situations but I’ve never needed or had the opportunity to try, till tonight.

    I was playing with a friend and we had an early DC and the next guy did a first hook suicide, so things were bad. We managed 3 gens despite this (because you know) and my friend was downed downstairs, on the gameroom map. He was set up for pallet slam so I went for it but the Pig just dropped down into stealth and not pick up animation so... I panicked and revealed myself. She attacked me but I didn’t run but tempted to boop her snoot. When she realized she sat down and I booped it. Then I picked up my friend and had to tell him how to boop and once he did I told him to ‘slowly’ back off and then we both ran.

    We did 2 gens without her then met back up at the gate where I boop her a goodbye and pointed at my Blendette in training friend hiding in the corner. After I left he told me he boop it and she let him go too.

    I normally dislike these kind of interactions between survivor and killer, because I tend to take a more role play mindset to gaming, but this pig thing, has made my night. I heard about this months ago and figured it was a dead meme by now.

    Welp saved my life tonight. Any1 else wanna share a story, feel free~

    Booping the Snoot has actually worked for me in maybe 3 games - not always against pig! It does not happen often but it is super memorable when it does!

    A perfect example was when my friends and I went against Legion in Blackwater Swamp. This Killer was incredible - I'm talking about map presence like I've never seen. I felt like he was everywhere at once, nobody could get any gens done, he was always just there cutting us to bits. With two friends dead and another off mending I hopped onto a gen and was really close to done when Legion appeared and slashed me. I did not run and got back on the gen for the remaining second I had, finished it, then turned around and gave the Legion a boop. Confused, he stood there for a moment before running away.

    He let us escape which was a super generous move as this person would have easily had a 4k. It turned out he was a Rank 1 Killer with ultra perks against Survivors of ranks 17-19. LOL! We ended up messaging each other and he thanked me for being amusing, I thanked him for handing me a win, and since then we have played a few rounds together as Survivor. He's a pretty funny guy!

    It just goes to show that sometimes having a sense of humor and not taking this game so seriously can lead to way more fun times for everyone playing! And if nothing more, a breath of fresh, non-toxic air in reminding people that there are good people on both sides. 😊