Diversion vs Red Herring

Diversion

Pros:

  • Can be used anywhere.
  • Can be used anytime. (If not on cooldown)
  • Unlimited uses.
  • Creates a loud noise notification AND Scratch Marks.

Cons:

  • Limited range.
  • Long cooldown. (Can be longer if not in the Killer's Terror Radius)
  • Requires Terror Radius.
  • Can screw you over or screw your teammates over.

Red Herring

Pros:

  • Unlimited range.
  • Decent cooldown.
  • Creates a loud noise notification.

Cons:

  • Need to leave your objective in order to activate it.
  • Requires Lockers and UNFINISHED Gens.
  • Limited uses. (With every Gen done it just disappears)
  • Can screw your teammates over.


I think that Diversion is the winner here, Red Herring does have too many restrictions and it's uses fades away with more Generators done... But what do you think?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Red Herring can also screw you over. I've caught every Survivor that has used Red Herring against me because they always jump in lockers close to the gen. To really waste the Killer's time, the Survivor needs to jump in a locker a good distance away from their gen. It can also combo with Head On. The Killer wastes time looking for you and when they finally find your locker, you use Head On.

    I would agree that Diversion is superior because you don't know what the direction the pebble came from. Anything could've made that notification.

  • Why not both?

    Borrowed Time, Head On, Diversion, Red Herring - LETS GO!

  • Diversion is better agianst killers with a heartbeat for obvious reasons.

    If its a stealth killer then Red Herring is better. Especially if its a killer that has slower movement speed when stealth-ed like Pig, T1 Myers, and Ghostface. That way you definitely waste quite a bit of their time if they try to get the jump on people on a generator when they arent actually there.

    But then again why not both? It has been quite fun having them in my build and just creating notifications all the time. Killers get so confused and when they suspect people having Red Herring or Diversion every notification will be a gamble. That is how I experienced it anyways.

  • Why not both?

  • @Ivaldi said:

    Why not both?

    You can use both, this was just a comparison between those two perks.

  • For dominance, run OoO and look the Killer in the eye when the notification pops.

  • I think you should give also credit to Red Herring because (at least in my opinion) the bait on generators is way better and stronger for killer to go there and check it. Many times Pebble can be easy ignored or you can know it's just a bait.

  • Borrowed time.

  • @WRussoW said:

    Borrowed time.

    What?

  • Both have their own pros and cons.

    I think it's just prefrence tbh.

  • I'm gonna go against the grain here and say Red Herring. I think the fact that you need to stay in the Killer's TR without getting caught really puts a damper on Diversion's usage.

    Now, if it had just a straight regular cooldown, which it should IMO, I would say Diversion would be better.