SWF is dumb and unfair at least bcs it trivializes Killer mechanics..

There are Blindness Status Effect and Knock Out perk. The benefits of them are completely destroyed by voice comms, they just say each other where they are.

And Stealth mechanics. If I am Pig, Wraith, Ghost Face, Myera, or a Killer using Dark Devotion for instance, the swf team opportunities will eliminate the surprise element..

If the former can be simply reworked, the latter will continue be hurted by those legal cheaters anyway. Swf literally breakes the game mechanics and should be at least penilized for such advantages (no Bloodpoints from the game like in KYF, or Bloodpoints are achievable only through BP offerings).

Comments

  • I play SWF all the time, and honestly knowing WHO the killer is because someone on comms found them first does not eliminate the surprise factor of stealthy killers. Half of our comms are us going "OH MY GOD WHERE'D YOU COME FROM" or shrieking because Suddenly Myers. Just today my sister said "he's on me" about the Deathslinger, and I kid you not - he strolled up to me two seconds later, completely catching me off guard bc of his tiny TR.

    As for location awareness, we're just dumb and incapable of giving useful directions, so don't worry - those Blindness perks still work.

    There are definitely well-coordinated SWF teams that go in like tactical agents or wtv, but for anyone that does SWF for fun and chaotic stupid reasons, nerfing it will just drive away a large number of players. It makes more sense to give little buffs to even the playing field than to ruin somebody's fun with friends.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    There are Blindness Status Effect and Knock Out perk. The benefits of them are completely destroyed by voice comms, they just say each other where they are.

    And Stealth mechanics. If I am Pig, Wraith, Ghost Face, Myera, or a Killer using Dark Devotion for instance, the swf team opportunities will eliminate the surprise element..

    If the former can be simply reworked, the latter will continue be hurted by those legal cheaters anyway. Swf literally breakes the game mechanics and should be at least penilized for such advantages (no Bloodpoints from the game like in KYF, or Bloodpoints are achievable only through BP offerings).

    I agree that a fair amount of killer perks/powers can be negated by a SWF who are playing competatively. What will kill this game is punishing SWF, if people dont want to play with their friends on DBD they will find another game.

    I think the real solution to this is survivor base kit is improved so solo survivors are at the same level as SWF, then re look at killer base kits so they can deal with SWF rather than be balanced for solo survivors.

  • Meh. As a killer I never dodge lobbies, I play mostly pig & huntress.

    After hooking someone I can often see people healing far away, and when I aim a hatchet, I see them move, almost like the person on the hook told them I'm aiming that way... does it bother me? No, why should it? It's a team game. The minor challenge an swf offers is far better than stomping in 5 minutes.

    As a survivor, I play solo & SWF, I'm often accused of being in SWF when I'm solo just because I body block, or a lot of killers still think teams load in together and base it off that, and when I do SWF it's without comms, and killer STILL bring up the SWF aspect like we're all psychic or something.

    SWF is almost mandatory at this point because when you solo you always die, you always get left on hook, and when a fully healed survivor could take a hit for you they sprint burst away or end up blocking you on loops, this game is way better with SWF.

  • oh no, people want to play a videogame with their friends

    what a terrible thing to exist in such a game

    /s if it’s not obvious enough

  • So dont use those mechanics...

  • This is beating a dead horse. Frankly, the devs simply do not care enough to work out any real type of balancing. Doing so would require money, time, and ingenuity on their part. No matter what they may claim ('we want to shrink the gap between solos and SWF'), actions speak louder than words. Their actions just confirm that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1161263#Comment_1161263

    The not everyone does that argument doesn't really work if it's still an apparent thing, just because you guys don't play like survivor team 6 doesn't mean people don't do it and when it does occur it's the worst experience in any game by far, just because of how disadvantaged you are at the complete mercy of the survivors. The age old arguments just git gut or target the weak link don't apply in these scenarios, because what do you do to beat 4 solid survivors?

    The answer is you can't, but since it's not every game, this massive oversight to balance is allowed to exist within the game since the beginning when swf became a feature and it's never gotten better, notice how the only people who defend swf are the ones who mostly play it, coming up with the same arguments "but it will kill the game" or "all swf isn't coordinated, as me and my swf play like insert generic answer"

    Swf in it's core is approved cheats, because let's be honest here, who needs wall hacks when you have teammates on coms pointing out that ghostface is coming towards your direction or who needs aura perks when you have swf to back you up giving you all the locations of injured or downed survivors. Knockdown in play? Just slap on SWF it'll fix the issue. Hex totem in the distance and you are getting chased? Just slap on SWF. Gens not getting done fast enough? Just slap on SWF and spread out boys!

    Can I ask what system you play on? I have to wonder if people have different experiences if the frequency varies from Console SWF to PC SWF.

    I'm not totally disagreeing that having comms is immediately a boost to the team, especially if you have a four-man. There are things you get through that that you simply cannot get if playing solo. I get this; I also play solo survivor. If no one's running Kindred, it can be an absolute mess - especially at the low ranks. I've been left to die on first hook at the beginning of the game even without the killer camping. However, the solution isn't to punish SWF groups. It's to add things like Kindred to Solo basekit. Plus Kindred only works when someone is hooked, and SO MANY killers run BBQ, so that's like having Kindred for them.

    I also play killer and I'm trying to get into it more (helps with BPs). Is getting rolled over by a clearly coordinated team fun? No. But that game is short, and killer queue times are shorter. There's always a next game and a next game, and if I'm having too many terrible games in a row, I take a break. But honestly playing against an immersed team - whether Solo or SWF - is just as bad. But I also either don't end up going against most or just can't tell the difference.

    I feel like on either side you just have to accept some rounds are not going to be as fun as others.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    There are Blindness Status Effect and Knock Out perk. The benefits of them are completely destroyed by voice comms, they just say each other where they are.

    And Stealth mechanics. If I am Pig, Wraith, Ghost Face, Myera, or a Killer using Dark Devotion for instance, the swf team opportunities will eliminate the surprise element..

    If the former can be simply reworked, the latter will continue be hurted by those legal cheaters anyway. Swf literally breakes the game mechanics and should be at least penilized for such advantages (no Bloodpoints from the game like in KYF, or Bloodpoints are achievable only through BP offerings).

    plus suvivors get aftercare, bond, kindred, and empathy for free, and don't even get me started on OoO.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    oh no, people want to play a videogame with their friends

    what a terrible thing to exist in such a game

    /s if it’s not obvious enough

    Exactly, people want to play with their friends, Duo Killer queue when?

  • Contrary to popular belief, SWF teams aren't telling each other where they are every second of the match.

    I've faced killers with knockout while in a swf group, where the whole time I am like "where are you?" because sometimes it is not reliable. It is better to just have bond or empathy to track your teammates.