Spies from Shadows + Speargun

So Deathslinger's speargun sets off crows.. I thought it would be worth using Spies from the Shadows since it has a 36m range. I have never been able to proc it through shooting though. Why? It doesn't say survivors have to make the crows caw. Maybe every time i shoot no one is 36m from a cawing crow but i doubt it.

Seems like these should work together.

Comments

  • Never got a response to this.. does anyone know if Spies is supposed to work with Redeemer shots?

  • If the scared crows by the shot activates the Spies, i think its a bug. Its not supposed to trigger it.


    Try it out at the beggining of the match, as much as there will not be a survivor close.

  • @Oicimau said:

    If the scared crows by the shot activates the Spies, i think its a bug. Its not supposed to trigger it.

    Try it out at the beggining of the match, as much as there will not be a survivor close.

    it doesn't proc when survivors are around, that's my issue with it.

    Seems like it should.

  • What means "proc"?

  • Proc is like ‘setting it off’ but I don’t understand the mindset of a killer setting of spies. Killers wouldn’t use it if walking around would proc a bird emoticon next to their face.

    survivors set it off only I think

  • The problem with spies is that whenever the Deathslinger shoots, he scares off all crows within a certain range of him... so it doesn't activate because they are not there to be activated/scared away.

  • I mean you'd want SFTS to.not be set off right? It's meant to tell you here a survivor is but then if you proc it it's useless?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean you'd want SFTS to.not be set off right? It's meant to tell you here a survivor is but then if you proc it it's useless?

    My thinking was by using Spies and shooting, if a survivor was next to a crow I just scared with the shot.. they'd be revealed

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166794#Comment_1166794

    My thinking was by using Spies and shooting, if a survivor was next to a crow I just scared with the shot.. they'd be revealed

    But nah cause the survivor needs to spook the crow. If sfts worked with the gun you'd get price constantly and it's just be awful. Since patch 1.0.2 killers haven't activated the perk, don't see why they'd start now.