Freddy Hate

Why do people hate Freddy so much? I've been in games as both survivor and killer where Freddy is included in the game, and survivors will either DC (not as common since the penalties but still happens regularly enough) or give up chase and commit hook suicide. According to the stats provided by the Devs (link down below), Freddy is the strongest killer overall, but among ALL ranks, he's not even highly picked. He's not even a hard killer to combat, he's just good at maintaining pressure due to his power. So what's the issue?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019

Comments

  • @EntityDrudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1158940#Comment_1158940

    You hate playing against killers that aren't so weak you can trifle about doing nothing, lollygagging about the map. Fixed it for you. Lol, he makes us have to do our actual objective if we want to live, boooring 🤣🤣

    If Billy, Nurse, Huntress are 'so weak' killers, I don't know what to say man. Sure Freddy is the most fun killer there you go.

  • @elvangulley said:

    All these survivors talking about brainless and skilless but everything perk they use and every strategy they use ise the same tired brainless skilless bs wheres the skill in ds ill wait

    Who said DS is a skill perk? I use it beacuse i hate being tunneled after just being unhooked.

    And if we gonna talk about perks is Noed skilled perk? what about tunneling and mories? is it skilled also?

  • as a freddy main red rank people always get super salty because of the perks i use i just let survis not be able to work on gens once i get a hook i traps the place walk of to get a hit if i see that my trap went of i just teleport back down the guy again and thats how you do it

  • I’ve actually done a post about this as well long before this became the topic of discussion. I am definitely of the view that he is not fun to vs and not very skilful. I think he would be a lot better if he didn’t have his snares/pallets and instead had another map pressure ability like the teleport. His loaded kit just makes fun of other killers who have to use their power efficiently. However I am turning towards the view now that Freddy is not as bad as deathslinger. He is giving me way too many old legion vibes and I’m hoping that he gets a rework. Not only that but his power is so ridiculously similar to the huntresses in concept and isn’t creative. At least u can predict a freddy’s movement and attempt to act accordingly.

  • @elvangulley said:

    All these survivors talking about brainless and skilless but everything perk they use and every strategy they use ise the same tired brainless skilless bs wheres the skill in ds ill wait

    Least Ds has counter play. Slug or don’t tunnel. Simple.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1213555#Comment_1213555

    Least Ds has counter play. Slug or don’t tunnel. Simple.

    Slugging is not a counter when unbreakable and its very hypocritical for survivors to demand more and more skill from killers when nothing they do requires skill look how many cry because they cant easy loop him like other killers

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1213555#Comment_1213555

    Who said DS is a skill perk? I use it beacuse i hate being tunneled after just being unhooked.

    And if we gonna talk about perks is Noed skilled perk? what about tunneling and mories? is it skilled also?

    NOED is a skilled perk but it's based on how you use it. DeathSlinger for example has terrible map pressure so I built him for end game. Blood Warden + NOED + PWYF + Remember Me are a great combo of perks. You can switch a couple out for Fire Up, BBQ and Chili, etc. Tunneling is based on circumstance and individual. If we're talking just straight tunnel Survivor soon as they're unhooked and hook/mori them instantly then yeah, not really skill unless it's like end game and you're aching for a kill.

    All circumstantial

  • People don't like freedy because it's op and easy killer to play my first time playing freedy was using a offering to play with him and with no add ons and no perks in rank 1 i got 32k and 4k without literraly i hold m1 put snare down teleport or fake teleport and keep that ######### now imagine 99% of the comunity playing freedy like this, BBQ, POP, STBFL, NOED and mori and facecamping or tunneling like 99% of the time it's a killer that reward you for being a bad player as i huntress main it's so frustrating to have to be soo goood at her to make her viable and have to deal with the fact that a killer with no brain can get easy 4k with him just holding w and pressing m1, old freedy was fine he just need SOME adjusments.

  • When it comes to gameplay, I'd say I'm indifferent about Freddy.

    Lore-wise, however? I absolutely hate that nonce.

1 2 ›