Why the hell is there a dead end on the outside of the house on Red Forest?

I was running the hell out of a spirit with eyes for only me so she could get that sweet sweet mori


I could've gotten away buuuut....oh well, screw me, I turn a corner and now I'm trapped. My god run ended because you took a window out (op tb fair or whatever) but YOU LEFT...A DAMN...DEADEND!!!!


WHY THE ABSOLUTE ****?! IS THERE A GODDAMN DEAD END?!

Remove that, just, remove it, open up one of the three ****in walls

PLEASE

Comments

  • @BlooperReel said:

    I was running the hell out of a spirit with eyes for only me so she could get that sweet sweet mori

    I could've gotten away buuuut....oh well, screw me, I turn a corner and now I'm trapped. My god run ended because you took a window out (op tb fair or whatever) but YOU LEFT...A DAMN...DEADEND!!!!

    WHY THE ABSOLUTE ****?! IS THERE A GODDAMN DEAD END?!

    Remove that, just, remove it, open up one of the three ****in walls

    PLEASE

    It's RNG-based whether or not the Window at this corner spawns, so there is always a 50% chance that there will be a dead end at the corner. That's why going there could be quite risky if you don't have a lot of distance.

  • @BlooperReel said:

    I was running the hell out of a spirit with eyes for only me so she could get that sweet sweet mori

    I could've gotten away buuuut....oh well, screw me, I turn a corner and now I'm trapped. My god run ended because you took a window out (op tb fair or whatever) but YOU LEFT...A DAMN...DEADEND!!!!

    WHY THE ABSOLUTE ****?! IS THERE A GODDAMN DEAD END?!

    Remove that, just, remove it, open up one of the three ****in walls

    PLEASE

    That map spawns the windows at random, if all sides of the house had a window you could essentially have 2 super crazy long loops. For this reason its RNG based where the window will spawn.

    Rather than complain about a dead end just take a moment to look and plan your route.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137015/why-the-hell-is-there-a-dead-end-on-the-outside-of-the-house-on-red-forest

    That map spawns the windows at random, if all sides of the house had a window you could essentially have 2 super crazy long loops. For this reason its RNG based where the window will spawn.

    Rather than complain about a dead end just take a moment to look and plan your route.

    Seems kind of stupid to justify something like that, seems like it'd be pretty easy to couple the surrounding wall with the window. i.e. Window? Wall! No Window? No Wall!


    But hey, guess logic and reason shouldn't matter if you're good and justifying poor development choices is okay since it doesn't affect anyone else

  • Don't run to the dead end next time. If you had been running her in circles like you said then you would have noticed which window was open. Being aware of your environment is what separates good players from great players.

  • @BlooperReel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1157164#Comment_1157164

    Seems kind of stupid to justify something like that, seems like it'd be pretty easy to couple the surrounding wall with the window. i.e. Window? Wall! No Window? No Wall!

    But hey, guess logic and reason shouldn't matter if you're good and justifying poor development choices is okay since it doesn't affect anyone else

    He is not saying whether or not that decision on the devs part was a good or bad one. All he is saying is, learn the map you spawn into early on in the match so you aren't screwed over like you were.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1220941#Comment_1220941

    He is not saying whether or not that decision on the devs part was a good or bad one. All he is saying is, learn the map you spawn into early on in the match so you aren't screwed over like you were.

    Still seems like an easy and fairly necessary fix to me. Don't see why memorizing would excuse the design choice just because it stops being a problem for me.

  • A bit of reconnaissance is key while playing survivor, it can mark the difference between been downed or not. You are not supposed to always have a safe loop in the same spot.

  • You're supposed to scout your escape routes and environment to survive. Like you would in real life.

  • @Irisora said:

    A bit of reconnaissance is key while playing survivor, it can mark the difference between been downed or not. You are not supposed to always have a safe loop in the same spot.

    Didn't say it needed to be a safe loop, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a deathtrap. If it used conditional instances rather than a persistant one there'd be no issue. Deathtraps are deathtraps are deathtraps.