Can a Key with no charges left still open the hatch?

I know most people don't use keys for aura reading, but I figured I'd check.

Comments

  • Idk why anyone would want to test that.

  • I'm pretty sure it'd still work as long as the key's still held. The unlocking shouldn't have any relation to the aura reading.

  • I think it probably does - since the key is not 'consumed' yet, you can still use it to open a hatch.

    Hm, that brings up another thought since add-ons are lost after a match anyway are Weaved Ring and Milky Glass even worth using anymore?

  • @darktrix said:

    I think it probably does - since the key is not 'consumed' yet, you can still use it to open a hatch.

    Hm, that brings up another thought since add-ons are lost after a match anyway are Weaved Ring and Milky Glass even worth using anymore?

    Is the key still consumed since you keep items if you escape with the new update?

  • @darktrix said:

    I think it probably does - since the key is not 'consumed' yet, you can still use it to open a hatch.

    Hm, that brings up another thought since add-ons are lost after a match anyway are Weaved Ring and Milky Glass even worth using anymore?

    I wondered that when they announced it, will have to test it today but I dislike using keys... maybe for the hatch challenge

  • Perhaps someone can test this in KYF?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151840#Comment_1151840

    Is the key still consumed since you keep items if you escape with the new update?

    Losing the key after opening the hatch is part of the unlocking process. It should still be lost unless you're using the add-on that prevents this.

  • No because you had consumed all of it's charges prior. However if you escape you still keep the key - unless you escape via the hatch.

    Also if you don't use all of the key's charges, and use it to open the hatch i'm pretty sure it you lose it in that instance as well.

  • So.... has noone gotten an answer to this question yet?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151840#Comment_1151840

    Is the key still consumed since you keep items if you escape with the new update?

    You always kept your items if you escaped. The key was always consumed anyway.

  • Pretty sure I've tested this in KYF somewhat recently and the key still worked

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    Apologies for the necro but I just tested this in a public game and yes a key with no charges can still open the hatch. Finally an actual answer. You're welcome.

    Oh that's good to know, thanks. I always retained a sliver just in case.