Deathslinger is Trash on Console

Literally everything fun about him on pc is non existent on console. Quick shots: Finicky as ######### and miss 8 times out of ten. Cutting off loops: You're most likely to hit the loop itself instead of the survivor. Movement speed is still dog #########. Aim controls are dog ######### also. Deathslinger is a worthless killer on console, and probably just as bad if not a little better on pc. What. The. #########. Devs?

We all even gave our feedback on him, but no you said "We're going to nerf one of his worthless perks instead of making him a better killer."

Comments

  • I'm finding him completely fine.

    Infact I've played seven matches and have gotten six 4ks.

    I'm also an Xbox player. He is far from worthless currently.

  • Im sry. Are you new to dbd? Ive come to expect this sort of behavior from these devs. I dont think they ever released a strong killer since the nurse.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Im sry. Are you new to dbd? Ive come to expect this sort of behavior from these devs. I dont think they ever released a strong killer since the nurse.

    That's a solid point. It's all about survivors nowadays instead of the entire community.

  • @Cheers said:

    I'm finding him completely fine.

    Infact I've played seven matches and have gotten six 4ks.

    I'm also an Xbox player. He is far from worthless currently.

    You facing against red ranks?

  • Seems to be doing okay on ps4. Played him a bit and I'm not having too terrible a time. It's been fun learning how to dodge him as survivor too.

  • Yes actually.

    It probably is that it hasn't even been 12 hours since the new killer dropped and everyones trying to learn how to face him.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    Literally everything fun about him on pc is non existent on console. Quick shots: Finicky as ######### and miss 8 times out of ten. Cutting off loops: You're most likely to hit the loop itself instead of the survivor. Movement speed is still dog #########. Aim controls are dog ######### also. Deathslinger is a worthless killer on console, and probably just as bad if not a little better on pc. What. The. #########. Devs?

    We all even gave our feedback on him, but no you said "We're going to nerf one of his worthless perks instead of making him a better killer."

    Have you tried making your own crosshair? I taped a coin to my screen and It drastically improved my aiming with him. Don't get too frustrated, but it takes some practice to get him aiming and pulling survivors down and this game is A+ at making me feel frustrated and angry.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136247/deathslinger-is-trash-on-console

    Have you tried making your own crosshair? I taped a coin to my screen and It drastically improved my aiming with him. Don't get too frustrated, but it takes some practice to get him aiming and pulling survivors down and this game is A+ at making me feel frustrated and angry.

    That's a good idea, but it just seems really cheap and scummy to me. But to each their own.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150388#Comment_1150388

    Yes actually.

    It probably is that it hasn't even been 12 hours since the new killer dropped and everyones trying to learn how to face him.

    I was getting 2 to 3k against red ranks on pc, a platform that I don't play mind you. Now I can't even get one kill due to how trash aiming is on console compared to pc.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150392#Comment_1150392

    I was getting 2 to 3k against red ranks on pc, a platform that I don't play mind you. Now I can't even get one kill due to how trash aiming is on console compared to pc.

    Well in that situation my best bet is that console aim and pc aim are completely different (as in one might move 20% of your sensitivity while the other would move 35%) or that you've just been unlucky.

  • I think he might need a tiny bit of auto aim when swaying over a target mainly shooting over short obstacles in loops. Too often it just hits the obstacle whenever it looks like it should have hit the Survivor because you have to keep a perfect horizontal line to track the Survivor which is a lot tougher on controller.

    I kept finding me shooting either too high or way too low when tracking a Survivors movement while ads.

  • you mean youre just trash at console?okay?

  • I think they should increase the size of the survivors hitbox for the harpoon or the hitbox of the projectile itself. Not a whole lot but enough. This should make it a bit easier to use it. Either that or increase base reel speed and make him 115.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    Literally everything fun about him on pc is non existent on console. Quick shots: Finicky as ######### and miss 8 times out of ten. Cutting off loops: You're most likely to hit the loop itself instead of the survivor. Movement speed is still dog #########. Aim controls are dog ######### also. Deathslinger is a worthless killer on console, and probably just as bad if not a little better on pc. What. The. #########. Devs?

    We all even gave our feedback on him, but no you said "We're going to nerf one of his worthless perks instead of making him a better killer."

    honestly, just git gud :P (I'm just joking, keep reading).

    Aiming will always be more difficult with a joystick than with a mouse, but it's less terrible than one may think. It's not like nurse, which needs to be able to quickly turn, even 180° between blinks, here you just have to slightly adjust aim.

    Just keep at it, I played only huntress the last couple of weeks to train my aim and I can really feel the difference and see the results accordingly.