Spring Clamp & Instructions
Why would I ever use these new toolbox add-ons?
Instructions is actually more harmful than it is helpful. Why would I ever not want to have skill checks? Skill Checks increase generator progression even if it's just by a small amount it's still good to have skill checks. Even if I knew I was going against a killer skill check build I would still never use this add-on because it only works if you are using a toolbox and the toolbox has charges so even with such a lackluster (and harmful) effect it doesn't even last very long either.
How would I fix Instructions? Easy, just make it so every good skill check is considered great while using the toolbox to repair. It wouldn't be over powered because it still relies on the toolbox to have charges and you need skill checks to get value out of it.
Spring Clamp isn't actually harmful but it's effect is so minor and weak as well. Spring Clamp is basically a weaker version of Technician and Technician is already a really bad perk, and not to mention it also relies on the toolbox having charges.
How would I fix Spring Clamp? Make it so not only does it reduces sounds made from repairing by 8 meters but also makes the generator make no noise as if it had no progress at all. That way this add-on could be used to make killers think that the survivors haven't even started on the generator if they aren't using line of sight to tell if someone is working on the generator.
Just throwing out some ideas because these 2 add-ons are really bad in almost every single situation, and I would much rather just bring Wire Spool or Socket Swivels.
Comments
Your spring clamp idea is bad.
I mean.. the idea itself is fine. But not for a yellow add-on. Making repair noise less audible, sure. The generator not making noise at all? No.
My ideas may not be the solution to fix these add-ons but I still think they both should be changed to something that actually has an impact. At the very least, they should change instructions to be beneficial rather than harmful.
True.
That's the case with many add-ons though, on both sides. Most of them are useless and only waste inventory space (not that space matters but if only we could trade them in or exchange them for something else it would be a start)