Permablind Bug

I was playing Oni on Macmillian Estate - Suffocation Pit, Shack01, was in my rage, smashed a pallet. While I smashed the pallet, I was blinded. The blind started to fade, and then came back and became permanent. I do not know if the Meg in question turned and tried to reblind me, but either way, it did not fade for the rest of the game. It was not a FULL blind, as I could barely make some things out, like making out the bars on the surrounding wall. I was informed it was a green flashlight found in a chest. It persisted into the end game lobby.


BugReport01.1.PNG BugReport01.2.PNG


Tagged: Acknowledged

Comments

  • Its a old bug, happend to me once..

  • Otz had this happen in one of his matches on stream too

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Otz had this happen in one of his matches on stream too

    He didn't have it as bad as this, but there was still the white ring and a high level of colour saturation.


    Still an issue that needs serious looking at.

  • As the Deathslinger, I was blinded whilst hooking a survivor and since then, I was permanently blinded, even in the results screen.


    Platform = PS4

    Steps to Reproduce -

    Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it.

    1. Get blinded (Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it)


    No image because I was quite literally blinded.

  • @Kai6864 said:

    As the Deathslinger, I was blinded whilst hooking a survivor and since then, I was permanently blinded, even in the results screen.

    Platform = PS4

    Steps to Reproduce -

    Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it.

    1. Get blinded (Not sure if it matters if you’re in the hooking animation but that may activate it)

    No image because I was quite literally blinded.

    Doesn't have to be while hooking. When it happened to me, I was breaking a pallet.

  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155114#Comment_1155114

    Doesn't have to be while hooking. When it happened to me, I was breaking a pallet.

    Is it during actions then? Or in general?

  • @BastardKing said:

    I was playing Oni on Macmillian Estate - Suffocation Pit, Shack01, was in my rage, smashed a pallet. While I smashed the pallet, I was blinded. The blind started to fade, and then came back and became permanent. I do not know if the Meg in question turned and tried to reblind me, but either way, it did not fade for the rest of the game. It was not a FULL blind, as I could barely make some things out, like making out the bars on the surrounding wall. I was informed it was a green flashlight found in a chest. It persisted into the end game lobby.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/081/TEVFSEGCGDKC.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/905/VXPPCFK5QFHC.png

    made an account to say this is still happening

    was playing on the new map with 4 survivors and flashlights and every second i was getting stunned, and it wouldn't go away unless i got shone at again. this has happened to me twice.

  • DeadByDaylight.log Screenshot_2.png

    got the same bug, cannot record a video but, got screenshot and i attach my log too..

  • Oh, i searched before and found another topic about it. But im gettig this also, on PS4.


    Today were 3x in dif matches in dif maps and dif killers (once with Legion, the others one i dont remember). The blinding is permanent, but if a survivor blinds again, it goes away. Everytime, it were with flashlights. Sometimes its a full blind (cant see anything), sometimes its a parcial blind. Looks like it doesnt matter if the survivor got the "killer blinded" score or not.

  • A game-breaking bug first sighted over 4 months ago is still active, triggered by the last gen in my case.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQQVhjyVnAY


  • This just happened to me on Ps4, I was playing as myers and got blinded by a jake before I went to break a pallet then got permablind after I was done breaking the pallet.

    Disconnected and lasted into the end screen.

  • @Annakpok00 said:

    This just happened to me on Ps4, I was playing as myers and got blinded by a jake before I went to break a pallet then got permablind after I was done breaking the pallet.

    Disconnected and lasted into the end screen.

    Welcome to the club. We are getting jackets on Thursday.

  • Happened to me just now. Over a month since it's been "acknowledged" and still going around, eh?

    Was playing The Spirit running only Rancor and Unrelenting on MacMillan Estate. Obviously I'm a rather

    new player so it's actually pretty frustrating running into this since I was really excided with this game until such an unplayable match.

    What happened was, got blinded, nearly got my sight fully back, then proceeded to try and evade another flashlight beam and then got permamently semi-blind from like 1 and a half minute into the game until the post-match screen.

    Could only take a video through my phone but I can't find a way to send it here because the file type is not supported.

    DeadByDaylight.log DBDPERMABLIND.jpg