Saboteur?
Why does Saboteur go on cooldown even tho I just touched the hook, not even finished the sabotage...
Can you make Saboteur go on cooldown only if you sabotaged the hook?
Why does Saboteur go on cooldown even tho I just touched the hook, not even finished the sabotage...
Can you make Saboteur go on cooldown only if you sabotaged the hook?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because like a lot of other perks that have cool downs, you don't need to use completely in order for the cool-down to take affect. Like sprint burst: If you accidentally run (even for a split second), it will become active and then have a cool down. You just have to play it smart, and only use it when you know you'll be able to continue using it start-to-finish.
But Sprint Burst gives you that speed boost, even if you just tap it, this perk just activates it's cooldown even tho it didn't do anything...
Because it's a perk that CAN have a big impact.
So no accidents should happen.
While on the sabotage subject, how long does it take for a sabotaged hook to respawn?
I had to drop a survivor next to a hook that was sabotaged in my face (without a toolbox). I waited for the hook to respawn while the survivor recovered (they didn't crawl away because then I could just hook them elsewhere). As soon as the hook respawned, I picked the survivor up and the SAME survivor who sabotaged the hook the first time was ALREADY sabotaging it again! This is ridiculous...
Recovering takes 30 seconds to recover fully.
Hook respawns in like 30 seconds (according to wiki). And Sabotours CD is 60 seconds.
So the survs must've had a toolbox/you took 60 seconds to try to hook again.
Breakdown also breaks the hooks for 180 seconds I think.
There could have also been more than one survivor running saboteur if they didn't use a toolbox to sabotage.
It would be the minimum.
But Saboteur remains an overall not very interesting perk.
Like the flashlight, this will be mainly reserved for really experienced survivors, and/or SWF. And the toolboxes do the job just as well anyway, saving a perk slot that cannot be replaced by an item.