Graphics Settings

Why do I need to constantly change it from config file and most importantly BHVR does not offer graphic freedom like other games. So what's the advantage here? Is this a PUGB game? Even in the PUGB game, advanced graphics settings are offered, so why not still in this game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • What kind of graphics settings are you talking about, specifically?

    As a general rule, DBD doesn't allow players to modify graphics beyond things like texture details because lighting, FOV, etc. are all large parts of game balance, and it's very difficult to test and balance fairly if everyone is playing on a different graphical configuration.

  • @Fibijean said:

    What kind of graphics settings are you talking about, specifically?

    As a general rule, DBD doesn't allow players to modify graphics beyond things like texture details because lighting, FOV, etc. are all large parts of game balance, and it's very difficult to test and balance fairly if everyone is playing on a different graphical configuration.

    Unfortunately, none of these are an advantage. I am using a custom config file I made myself and make sure I get higher fps now. Why do these people have to play at 60hz on the 144hz monitor? What advantage do we get? What does this event destabilize?

  • @Fibijean said:

    What kind of graphics settings are you talking about, specifically?

    As a general rule, DBD doesn't allow players to modify graphics beyond things like texture details because lighting, FOV, etc. are all large parts of game balance, and it's very difficult to test and balance fairly if everyone is playing on a different graphical configuration.

    LoL

    Check Ultra v Low.

    It is just horrific that this game still has not the really most simple graphic options. Like changing your resolution etc.. aa,vsync and also to be able to change parameters to optimize the game so it runs smoothly for people who do not have best hardware.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144304#Comment_1144304

    LoL

    Check Ultra v Low.

    It is just horrific that this game still has not the really most simple graphic options. Like changing your resolution etc.. aa,vsync and also to be able to change parameters to optimize the game so it runs smoothly for people who do not have best hardware.

    Especially the resolution! Why is there no setting to change this?!

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144304#Comment_1144304

    Unfortunately, none of these are an advantage. I am using a custom config file I made myself and make sure I get higher fps now. Why do these people have to play at 60hz on the 144hz monitor? What advantage do we get? What does this event destabilize?

    That's why I asked what kind of settings you were talking about, because something like resolution may have different reasons for not being included than something like an FOV slider.

    And just to be clear, I'm not giving my personal opinion here on whether it's a good thing that certain settings are left out. The question was "why" - I was simply giving the closest thing I could to an actual answer based on comments developers have made on the topic in the past.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144328#Comment_1144328

    That's why I asked what kind of settings you were talking about, because something like resolution may have different reasons for not being included than something like an FOV slider.

    And just to be clear, I'm not giving my personal opinion here on whether it's a good thing that certain settings are left out. The question was "why" - I was simply giving the closest thing I could to an actual answer based on comments developers have made on the topic in the past.

    You say for FOV killers? I don't see this as an advantage, they may be using it, it's not a problem. It is now easy to escape comfortably as 4/4 since the ruin eats nerf. So I don't see any of these as an advantage. However, an advantage like ruin was enough to completely balance the game. But now nerf ate!! and if you still see settings like this fov as a big advantage. @Endstille as he said LoL ;D

    I have no logical reason to play a killer anymore. I wish patience to the murderers. GG

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144356#Comment_1144356

    You say for FOV killers? I don't see this as an advantage, they may be using it, it's not a problem. It is now easy to escape comfortably as 4/4 since the ruin eats nerf. So I don't see any of these as an advantage. However, an advantage like ruin was enough to completely balance the game. But not because he eats nerf anymore! and if you still see settings like this fov as a big advantage. @Endstille as he said LoL ;D

    Well, I was hoping to actually discuss it, but if you're using "lol" to dismiss other perspectives, I think we're already past the point of reason or productivity, so never mind.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144361#Comment_1144361

    Well, I was hoping to actually discuss it, but if you're using "lol" to dismiss other perspectives, I think we're already past the point of reason or productivity, so never mind.

    Let's discuss, this is not a problem for me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Resolution, Vsync and Anti-Aliasing are all settings that should be adjustable in-game (just like literally every other PC game).

    Do you really think BHVR cares about this?!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144375#Comment_1144375

    I'm sure they do care, but it may not be as high of a priority as we would like.

    Dude this game is out in 2016. It's been 2020.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144383#Comment_1144383

    I don't know what you want me to tell you man, it is probably not going to be happening any time soon.

    That's why they make changes to so many human config files. This game really reveals its poor quality...