Hey Guys...did you hear?

Prior to this upcoming update, if you managed to bring in and escape with the same toolbox 10 times (no add ons) then on the 11th game, if you put on a brand new part then a glitch of sorts would happen and your brand new part would become an infinite and wouldn’t disappear after use. So you could kill gens faster then you ever could before!

Also, if your game has an obsession then the obsession can see the killer at all times and the obsession is not randomly picked at the start of each game. See, not every game has a obsession, right? To promote people playing both sides they added obsession to the game. You have to play killer and kill the obsession to then play survivor and have a high chance of becoming obsession, being a coin toss between you and whoever else just killed an obsession.

Also, also, Leatherface actually can not insta-down survivors UNLESS he has an add-on that allows him to do so.


What? You say this is all BS? Well yeah, obviously right. I mean who would seriously believe any of this.

Its not like my friend tried to introduce me to DbD by streaming a game for me and showed me Leatherface. Not like he explained how Bubba is considered weak but could be decent with the right add-ons. An I wasn’t personally watching him hit people with his chainsaw and seeing the survivors scurry away...

He laughed to tears every time my baby survivor self would get downed by Leatherface saying things like “OoOoO here we go! Another GD Leatherface using that stupid add on that make him OP AS #########! IN THIS STUPID GAME! Just play him regularly like the GAME WAS MEANT FOR YOU TO PLAY HIM AS!”

Do you know how long I carried that misinformation before I realized I got pranked by my friend and how hard it was for my brain to fathom that the devs added joke add ons to killers.


Anyway, this is a lil topic to discuss things you might have heard but were not true about DbD or about perks you 100% read incorrectly and thought you had understood. Basically even if it was a small ‘Eureka!’ moment but ended up being a silly mistake instead~

Comments

  • I remember watching so many videos of streamers using killer setups with super powerful add-ons, such as the "mega-blink" nurse (I think that's what people called it?)

    The first few times I played nurse I got absolutely desecrated, I kept charging blinks and thinking "why do I only have 2???"

    I also used to watch pre-rework freddy. it was very confusing when I saw a friend playing the reworked version.

  • I used to think the speed boost you got when injured was because of adrenaline cause i used to watch noob3 without playing the game. so i was very confused when i got the speed boost without adrenaline the first time i played

  • Whoa. I am E N L I G H T E N E D.

    Hm. When I was new (pre Huntress release) I thought infinite were on purpose to teach killers not to tunnel.

    That folded out in a weird way.

    Mind games kinda tricked me out too. I just held W and collected survivors. I didn't realize for a long time they were expecting me to pull fancy tricks or juke or swing at windows.

    Nope. Walk til on survivors back. Hit. Collect. Surprisingly effective.

  • When I started the game in 2016 there was (might still be that way) a rather poorly worded achievement that said "escape the trial by bringing an item to the campfire" and I thought there was some way you could sacrifice an item in one of the fires around the map to escape