The old maps are taking up to much space. would you want some of them combined?
This is something that I've wanted for a long time to make the maps more dynamic. The idea is connecting some of the old maps together, by that I mean connecting most of the Macmillan estate maps together like how it was a long time ago. The same goes for.
- "Auto-heaven wreckers"
- "Coldwind farm"
- "Backwater swamp"
- Crotus Prenn asylum
ect. I think this would make the RNG for the maps feel better and way less boringg, you would also see more of the other maps without offerings, now connecting some of the older maps would lead to an easier remaster of them much like the "Treatement theater" and for better and more fun level design. but I'd say for Badham just get rid of all the useless identical "maps" and keep one, or they could add a dream version where everything is distorted and weird, like a "nightmare". thank you for reading
Comments
I do think some of the maps should be connected. In a good gaming session, I'll sit and play Dead by Daylight for about four or five hours at a time. And, typically, in that time frame I will have played through the same two or three maps over and over. So, I do wish some were combined so there would be a greater chance of going to somewhere totally different.
I play, virtually, every night. And I haven't even played on some maps in about a week now. 😑 For a second, I thought Haddonfield was taken out of the game completely because I hadn't been there in almost a week as Survivor or Killer.
I think the maps are fine as is, except for Badham. Autohaven is the ideal for map diversity since almost all the maps there play differently. The main problem personally that I have is that the main building designs for the majority of the old maps are pretty boring, but simply mashing them together would create a laughably unbalanced map since quite a few old maps currently have infinites.
WDYM, wet bread tastes great
Same with water in cereal
With the upcoming breakable walls and the break down of strong loops, I think combining some of the maps as well as making them a bit smaller and removing the RNG would make for some good changes!
Here are the maps I'd personally like to see combined.
No, I want more maps in the original style. Simple layouts with the same aesthetic just tweaked in a different manner each time. Not like Springwood where the differences feels only surface-level either.
I would love some of the Bedham maps removed. There are so many of them that I get them so much... and I never really liked the original map to begin with.
Yeah, Gas Heaven needs it's floor fixed, and the Shop needs to have one more of it's windows closed. At least before I consider them balanced.
If the maps are connected does that mean you’ll have like let’s say ironworks of misery and groaning store house in the same map? I’m sorry but that will be a major disadvantage for the killer, plus it would be to big
There should be three iterations of each map per realm, four at most. The devs should be creative with the map layout so it’s not just completely composed of randomly-generated tiles and loops. Badham Preschool doesn’t need five versions. Maps such as Rotten Fields, Wrecker’s Yard, and Shelter Woods are all lazily made and I don’t think they need to exist.
They could take a lesson from Dead Dawg Saloon. That map, structurally speaking, is probably the best one we’ve seen.
I disagree with your second point as rotten fields, shelter woods, and wrecker's yard stand out precisely because they don't have a main buildings. It changes the gameplay a lot and rotten fields is probably my favorite map as both killer and survivor. But I agree with the Badham Preschool thing. 5 iterations is just stupid, it should be reduced to 2.