Lack of moderation
It is just insane. Days have past and this spammer is still doing his work in the forum.
Just sad that you can do the same in the game, ruin everyones experience and you, the devs, dont give a ######### about it.
Tagged:
Mod
It is just insane. Days have past and this spammer is still doing his work in the forum.
Just sad that you can do the same in the game, ruin everyones experience and you, the devs, dont give a ######### about it.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
These were new accounts. The others were all banned or got caught by the filter. Furthermore, this isn't any one individual; it's a group of individuals. Lastly, there isn't a "lack of moderation", the mods just don't cover enough timezones.
Look at the game, you can DC as many times as you want, no punishemtn
You can hack for several months before they do anything (maybe even more, dont follow this stuff anymore)
Griefing and exploiting wont get you banned either, you literally have to stream it live such that they do sth about it aftre a year
They also should have made the requirement to post in this forum, that you have your steam, ps4 or Xbox account linked.
This would have reduced the amount of spam accounts.
Sure it would be better to cover all timezones, but the real problem is that they dont have enough manpower to go through the reports at all. The timezone argument might be valid for the forum being spammed, but what about ingame bannable offenses being ignored for weeks, months or sometimes forever
No idea what they are going to improve. But as long as people report for useless stuff like camping, slugging, etc. (Which are desired game features.) The response time won't improve. Since it's to much spam from angry kiddies.
Yeah yeah its being "reworked"
Just like the maps were supposed to be reworked or the pallet loops were reworked in order to make mindgames possible
It will never happen, prove me wrong
I was only referring to the forum. As for the game, we'll have to agree to disagree.
They'd better fix their game not to allow that much toxicity, and put actual anti-bot system on their forums rather than putting bandaids like they do, and relying on "mods" to clean the mess everyday.
This game wouldn't need as many mods if it wasn't a complete mess to start with.
The forums are still new. I don't think they knew what they were getting into with it as far as moderation needed since Steam has its own thing going on with Anti-spam. Hopefully they add some more mods in to help with the growing pains until they have a good system in place to fight bots.
Hell, I mod a 7.5k DbD FB group with only 4 others and we manage fine, so I'm sure BHVR will get this cleaned up soon(tm).
There is a bot. Bots aren't perfect though. It's a balance between making it too picky and flagging loads of legitimate posts as spam, and not picky enough and letting too many through. You'd be surprised how much the bot catches.
It's mostly just timezones/schedules. We got it covered just fine, I just wake up in the morning and find that I've been pinged a dozen times while I was asleep.
I know that you will eventualyl receive a bann if you DC in 80% of your games.
There are hackers/cheaters out there who are actually on a challenge how long they can cheat undetected....
Personally I dont care about cheaters and hackers, they are quite rare
But it cant be real that DCs happen like every 2nd game.
DBD should simply introduce a queue punishment for DCs like EVERY other competitive game has. 5 min for first DC, 15 second etc etc. Its really not that hard
Doesnt matter, you should be fine dealing with a 5 min queue if you get kicked out of the game. It doesnt happen too often. The real problem are the ragequits
Yes thats the case for any other competitive game too. Take any moba, dota, lol or whatever or take a shooter like counterstrike or rainbow six or a "casual" competitive game like rocket leauge.
If your game crashes or sth like that you will have to wait the 5 minutes to queue again. The punishments only become a problem if you DC frequently, but in this case you shouldnt be playing a competitive mulitplayer game anyway.
And no, pulling the plug has to be punished the same of course.
Something makes me think that you just wanna keep your "exit strategy" because waiting 5 minutes after a crash shouldnt be a big deal at all. You even need a few minutes before you get into the game again, then maybe spend 2 minutes on the forum and create a thread "this trash game crashes all the time"
The fact that in a COMPETITIVE RANKED multiplayer game, you can simply esc-leave or pull the plub without ANY punishment is just ridiculous. Of course it will be abused and we see the result currently ingame. And im not gonna lie, I started DCing too because why not? A non-obsession DS in a SWF? Nah,, im not gonna bother, why should I? Just DC like everyone else..... another nurse? nah cant loop...: DC
thrid time swamp in a row? Nah thanks......
thats what the game has become. Sometimes you spend more time in queue than actually playing the game
Really, don’t give a #########? You’re ignorant if you think that. Obviously they want what makes the most money and gives the most XP
Uhm what? Devs what what makes the most money, yeah they dont give a ######### about our experience because they only care about the money.
Explain to me, why is DCing not punished? ANY other competitive game has queue punishment for DCing, sometimes even harsher punishments
You could think I don’t agree , DCers will always be right ? You’re. Ridiculous if youthink it makes sense
I agree with @Master
There needs to be a severe punishment for disconnecters. One thing is a problem with the internet or the lights go off. In both cases, those 5 minutes won´t harm you, since you wont be able to play anyway. There also needs to be a escalation when people continue to disconnect.
Just had a match as Freddy. After my first 2 hooks, i downed 1 in the cornfield. 1 with a purple flashlight was ready to ambush me to blind me. But i hunt him down instead. When i was about to hook him, he and his 2 friends disconnected. Leaving 1 survivor behind who didn´t know what happend.
That´s really something that needs a punishment. Escalate the punishment automatically if the whole SWF team disconnects.
I know I'm kinda overreacting but I do get this glitch often and would not like to get punished at all for something the game did, not me. I get this glitch like 5 times a month but it really depends on how much I play DbD.
It that glitch happens that frequently, then you shouldnt be playing the game anyway and instead investigate your problem, In other competitive ranked games, there is no difference between leaving the game and DCing the game.
In fact everybody can actually DC on purpose, so it doesnt help to only punish the Esc-way of leaving
Any punishment system shouldn't punish people for something that they absolutely couldn't help. I know you can't tell the difference between a intentional DC and a accidental DC but the game should be able to tell if it crashed, thus not punishing the player. Period. You can punish me for anything else but not if it's the games fault for the DC or at least give me a free pass!
I know you only have good intentions. But people abuse the system whenever they can. There needs to be a punishment. Because you hare hurting your team (or the other team) every time you dc. Even if it´s unintentional.
Indeed, you have my vote for mod
Thx!
The mod position hasn´t been opend yet, but people already vote. That´s a nice surprise.
My Opinion:
If you DC intentionally then you should absolutely 100% be punished, no doubts about that. However if you DC unintentionally, the punishment should be less severe than the punishment for intentionally DC'ing. If BHVR can program a system that can differentiate a unintentional DC from a intentional DC, that would be great.
Keep in mind that I almost never DC (well maybe once but I was playing killer and survivors were making me upset, just needed a break from DbD).
There is no way to identify an intentional DC. I can just pull the plug of my internet cable. The game will think my lights went out. Or something like that.
An occasional DC shouldn´t be a problem. But having a long list of DCs?
If I am being griefed or dealing with a hacker or a lag switcher I'll DC.
Me too, but I will gladly take the 5 minute punishment after DCing against a hacker instead of having to deal with DCs at least every 2nd game
Most of the time I noticed dc's were actually rq's. Somebody misses DS = DC, tea bags killer at pallets but then gets downed = DC, gets tunneled by killer = DC. It gets ridiculous after a while seeing how people will do it at the drop of a hat.