Too much map awareness
I have been watching some Deathslinger gameplays recently, and one of the things that struck me the most about deathslinger gameplay as survivor is the amount of noise he makes when firing his arpoon.
And I mean, I dont think its a small sound qeue like you can only hear it in a radius of 32 meters, I think the shot is heard around the map. Thats just not good, you are giving survivors an unnecessarily big amount of info.
I think the devs are trying to establish a new trend for all killers so they all make loud noises while using their powers (i.e Demogorgon, Oni and now Cowboi) but they need to understand it just doesnt work for every killers power.
I mean, its cool to have a lot of spoopy sound qeues troughout the match, it adds a lot to the ambience of the game, but gameplay wise its just detrimental specially to killers with little map pressure, and deathslinger is one of those.
The sound qeue in question for those that dont get me
https://youtu.be/VGEw2KMkJmw?t=485
Comments
So how would you change it? Would you have it loud at, just say 24 meters and its quieter from there to the whole map. Silent at 48 meters?
Also kind of off topic does the new killer have an add-on for silence shots?
Yes, im not asking that his gun doesnt make any noise, that would be dumb, just reduce the range at which the shot can be heard.
Also, yes, it would be nice to have a silencer add-on.
Both ideas would be a cool one if they were to be added. At least the range of sound if not the add-on. If they have to choose.