Why is this still a thing?
So I recently had a game as a survivor against a plague (xbox btw). Survivors are winning as the plague has only hooked about 2 or 3 of us and there was only one gen remaining. Anyway, it seems the she rage quits and dcs. The scoreboard shows and I notice that I didn't get any bloodpoints from that game, even though my score was around 11,000 and the killer had the dc icon next to it so I knew that I didn't accidentally disconnect. I then realise that my ultra rare map was gone as well. I was confused by this cause I thought that when the killer dcs, survivors keep their items and bps. Does anyone else have this problem or is this just a one off?
Comments
iirc it's a bug. The killer dc's and the game registers as you dc'd as well. It happened to me here and then. Did you get a dc penalty by any chance?
i quite often find that what the scoreboard shows isn't always the actual outcome when a killer dc's. that's happened to me a lot when a killer dc's and it will show that i lose a pip but when i get back to my lobby, i found that i still got my bloodpoints from that match and i either safety pipped or pipped. you will lose your offering unless the game is cancelled as soon as you get into a game though. in regards to items, usually you don't lose them unless you have used all the charges before the killer dc's.
This happened to me once or twice. One time I can remember, I had brought a Rainbow Map and after I managed to throw the killer off me, he went and DC'd. I got full on penalized for it. Lost my Rainbow Map and add-ons, got zero bloodpoints, and ended up getting depiped, even though my status showed he was the one to quit.
It’s happened to me a few times as well (PS4). But luckily I haven’t had that bug happen in a while
It's happened to me a couple times, working in a gen, killer DC's or looses connection and it shows that I DC as well and get hit with the penalty
I always hate when this happens. I've lost offering this way too if they quit almost immediately after the match starts