Add in Game Timer

How would you feel with a small stop watch in the top right hand corner of the game that tells you how long the match has been going on for?

I currently do this via an external tool, because I like to track data for myself. This should be a small feature that would use little to no resources and would provide players with valuable data such as the actual duration of the match instead of one they are guessing.

I've see a lot of players overestimate or under estimate the time of a match because it felt longer or short to them, even when the match in general was between 8-12 minutes.

EDIT: @johnmwarner made a very valid point, some petty killers may use this to monitor DS. So instead of in-game simply add it to the end game screens.

Comments

  • In fact, this would be really cool, but not in the game, they can add it to the ESC section. Of course, I don't know if this BHVR will see this suggestion.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    How would you feel with a small stop watch in the top right hand corner of the game that tells you how long the match has been going on for?

    I currently do this via an external tool, because I like to track data for myself. This should be a small feature that would use little to no resources and would provide players with valuable data such as the actual duration of the match instead of one they are guessing.

    I've see a lot of players overestimate or under estimate the time of a match because it felt longer or short to them, even when the match in general was between 8-12 minutes.

    People would use this to monitor DA TIMER I dknt think they want that

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/131903/add-in-game-timer

    People would use this to monitor DA TIMER I dknt think they want that

    I guess that is correct, but you can simply do what @Raven9 suggested and add it to the end game screens.

  • Omg yes, add an ingame timer. It would be absolutely amazing if you could add custom timestamps that are triggered by ingame events.

  • Maybe it would encourage genrushing. People trying to get the fastest time possible. Not sure it’s what the game needs right now.