Why does Insidious still exist in the game?
I thought devs were against camping as it's not fun for anyone, and they even decreased points and emblems for a killer if they're in the radius of the hooked survivor. So my question is, why bother keeping it in the game anymore?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
The devs have never been against camping. They have always maintained that it's a legitimate playstyle. Sometimes, camping is fun for the killer, and is a perfectly viable strategy, whether the survivors enjoy it or not.
Although Insidious encourages camping, which I believe everyone can agree it's not the most enjoyable thing in the world, especially when you're on the receiving end โ it's a strategy.
However, I do agree Insidious should do something else related to defending the hook. ๐
Perhaps if a survivor performs the unhook action while you're within 16 meters of the hook, the killer receives a 5% haste effect until the killer downs someone.
The savior's aura is revealed for 10/15/20 seconds.
There is many things on the survivor side they stayed in game for a long time and made us question why does this still exist (brand new part repairing a full gen instantly or able to mori even if a person is not hooked) so it might get changed just like many things that got changed. We know keys and moris will be changed at some point because they are stupid and not fun.
But only trolling meme lords use insidious so I am sure it is last of their worries and they will spend their efforts on more serious issues. I am happy toolboxes getting changed even though they are still gonna make games go faster.
This I agree with, and would be a perfect rework of the perk.
There's a lot of balancing issues they'll need to sort out but will probably be intergrated over the course of the next year and a bit, cause I honestly think they're next big move will be cross progression and cross play.