My thoughts on the new killer so far

First of all design and concept are spot on. He looks cool and the idea of harpoon gunning people is amazing

There are a couple of issues though

If you hit an healthy survivor at a pallet and they are able to drop it they can opt to not struggle at all cause they are perfectly safe unless on the smallest of loops

You have to wait untill your chain breaks very slowly and then take a stun on top of that. Being a low mobility killer time is everything and this makes the killer feel pretty powerless in that situation

Also i feel that you aren't really rewarded with high skill shots. Hitting somebody at max range usually ends in the survivor escaping unless there was perfect los and no obstacles anywhere nearby

Maybe making it that the survivor can't struggle for x amount of time depending on how far the shot went could fix this

There are more issues but these are the ones i felt stuck out most for me right now

Once again design and concept are amazing though

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I believe it's possible to release the chain before it breaks - I've seen it done, though I haven't done it myself.

  • I'd prefer it if you could pull a survivor over the pallet and window with the gun, that'd be interesting and fun

  • @Fibijean said:

    I believe it's possible to release the chain before it breaks - I've seen it done, though I haven't done it myself.

    You just m1.

    You miss, but there's no stun

  • You can attack to break the chain on your own, as others have stated. But right now the chain isn't even durable enough to pull people in without any obstacles from max range. It definitely could use a bit of a buff, and would also solve the issue of survivors being invincible/memeing on Deathslinger on otherwise unsafe loops (like pallet next to a car, or the vehicle tracks outside ironworks)

    I think he should be 115% speed, and have a more durable chain at base or be able to break pallets even while reeling.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    You can attack to break the chain on your own, as others have stated. But right now the chain isn't even durable enough to pull people in without any obstacles from max range. It definitely could use a bit of a buff, and would also solve the issue of survivors being invincible/memeing on Deathslinger on otherwise unsafe loops (like pallet next to a car, or the vehicle tracks outside ironworks)

    I think he should be 115% speed, and have a more durable chain at base or be able to break pallets even while reeling.

    No way, this guy can be built into a stealth killer and having a ranged stealth killer at 115% would be pretty OP.

    From what ive seen, if you walk backwards while reeling them in, you suck them in at like twice the rate; and the guy I was watching was getting reel hits from pretty far distances using that method. There's also the add-on to make it take longer to break.

  • "Can be built into a stealth killer" Sure bud, because every killer is balanced around a specific perk.

    By that logic every stealth killer should be slower, which only one is, and the other only is in tier 1 or 2 of evil within.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I believe it's possible to release the chain before it breaks - I've seen it done, though I haven't done it myself.

    Aah should have specified this

    If you break the chain manually the survivor doesn't get injured or deepwounded

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    "Can be built into a stealth killer" Sure bud, because every killer is balanced around a specific perk.

    By that logic every stealth killer should be slower, which only one is, and the other only is in tier 1 or 2 of evil within.

    Yeah, that slower stealth REALLY hurts. Like, people actually don't understand just how much.

    @KornySon10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1106873#Comment_1106873

    No way, this guy can be built into a stealth killer and having a ranged stealth killer at 115% would be pretty OP.

    From what ive seen, if you walk backwards while reeling them in, you suck them in at like twice the rate; and the guy I was watching was getting reel hits from pretty far distances using that method. There's also the add-on to make it take longer to break.

    As for your "stealth killer" claim, by your logic, Spirit and Hag would both be stealth killers with one particular perk.