A potential way to make DC less frustrating
Well it may have worked out yesterday that I posted this thread originally in General right before a Dev Update (thus burying my thread immediately before the poor thing got a chance) cause this seems like the better place for the thread to be anyway.
So I've determined what I think is a way that will make people a lot less salty about disconnects.
You can penalize the disconnector all you want but they may not care and ultimately, the damage is done to the survivors who actually did stick around. The waste of time the devs can't really do anything about but there is one thing that I think the devs CAN do that would at least make having a disconnected ally sting a little/lot less...
If someone DCs early in the match (call it....5 minutes? I guess this is something for the devs to determine as I'm assuming they have a lot more data on-hand than I will), let the survivors keep their stuff
I swear I'm the unluckiest person out there when it comes to items or I'm just the unfortunate victim of some cosmic joke but I swear every time I finally decide to use that super duper awesome purple item and attachments and thingy that gives me extra bloodpoints, THAT is going to be the game where half the team jumps ship. I have no real change of getting to keep my items as I'm almost certainly going to be murdered now and a lot of times, not even get the time to get the extra bloodpoints (and God help you if your boost is for Altruism).
I can't speak of others thoughts but I for one would appreciate getting at least a little bit of something when some jackass ditches the group...
Comments