Indoor maps

Hey BHVR, can you please make more maps like the classic ones and less maps like freaking gideon, hawkins and lerry's? This indoor maps make playing survivor a matter of luck (will this room have a good window or am I screwed?) and playing killer a breaking pallets simulator. Thank you.

Comments

  • Hope the next one is not indoor

  • Funny, Lery's is my favorite map because it gives both sides equal opportunity to outmaneuver. I ######### hate coldwind and haddonfield and just zone out any time I get them.

    I'd rather be able to play the game, than get sent to the same window/stone loop/tall long fence every 15 seconds just to get decisive striked by everyone on the team.

  • If you think those maps make survivor "luck", you need to actually get better at the game, because it sounds like you rely on safe loops (Lery's and The Game have a ton of safe pallets btw).

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    Hope the next one is not indoor

    it more than likely will be since the next killer is probably a prisoner and the survivors lore kinda points to the prison as the next map. She did memorize the prison's entire layout so lore wise the entity is going to use that information to recreate the prison she memorized.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1102298#Comment_1102298

    it more than likely will be since the next killer is probably a prisoner and the survivors lore kinda points to the prison as the next map. She did memorize the prison's entire layout so lore wise the entity is going to use that information to recreate the prison she memorized.

    there's still hope

  • your hope is very dim, like the hope of escaping the trials and the entity that so many of us are trapped inside.

  • I feel the complete opposite. Most the originals are really bad and the indoor ones feel much better designed to me.

  • @Frankie said:

    If you think those maps make survivor "luck", you need to actually get better at the game, because it sounds like you rely on safe loops (Lery's and The Game have a ton of safe pallets btw).

    not necessary "git gud". first, this is what I mean when I say playing killer is a breaking pallets simulator. second, I didn't mean there are no safe loops, I mean there are boring loops that don't reward skill (for none of the roles). also, sorry if I'm not a god looper/killer like you. I promise you I'll try to get better.

  • @aregularplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1102312#Comment_1102312

    not necessary "git gud". first, this is what I mean when I say playing killer is a breaking pallets simulator. second, I didn't mean there are no safe loops, I mean there are boring loops that don't reward skill (for none of the roles). also, sorry if I'm not a god looper/killer like you. I promise you I'll try to get better.

    It wasn't meant to be an insult. More, advice. It's better to actually learn something than ask the devs to stop doing something that is perfectly learnable.

  • How about we appreciate having a diverse collection of indoor and outside maps?

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1102378#Comment_1102378

    It wasn't meant to be an insult. More, advice. It's better to actually learn something than ask the devs to stop doing something that is perfectly learnable.

    I don't think lerry's locations are learnable. I feel confused even searching for the mid gen! Every place looks the same, you have zero orientation. Did you find the devour hope earlier during a chase? Too bad you have no idea where it was.

    Also, there are no loopable structures (jungle gyms, pallet gyms, L wall-T wall) where the killer can mindgame and try to force survivor to make mistakes. All we have are lots of safe pallets, lots of windows and that's it.

    I don't know, maybe I have some disorder that makes me unable to locate in these indoor of maps lol but I rather playing the classic maps (even the swamp!) in both roles...

  • Well I used to be very confused on these maps but I have since learnt they have actual structures! The Game has a set layout (not including tile generation) Lery’s now have rooms that are static, in the same place and Hawkins is pretty easy to manoeuvre IMO as it’s seriously just a bunch of long hallways with some stairs and rooms dotted beside you.

  • @aregularplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1102390#Comment_1102390

    I don't think lerry's locations are learnable. I feel confused even searching for the mid gen! Every place looks the same, you have zero orientation. Did you find the devour hope earlier during a chase? Too bad you have no idea where it was.

    Also, there are no loopable structures (jungle gyms, pallet gyms, L wall-T wall) where the killer can mindgame and try to force survivor to make mistakes. All we have are lots of safe pallets, lots of windows and that's it.

    I don't know, maybe I have some disorder that makes me unable to locate in these indoor of maps lol but I rather playing the classic maps (even the swamp!) in both roles...

    They absolutely are learnable. If they weren't, nobody would survive or kill. I suggest you play more, and actually learn.