Clicking M2 should make you bleed out faster

Since theres a DC penalty killers start to make the game most boring it could be to force you to DC.

one of the ways are slugging, specialy when theres 2 survivors left.

So why i can kill myself on hook but i can't bleed out faster? like from 4 min to 2 for example?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No. If you're slugged, theres a chance to be healed, picked up too far from a hook, etc.

    Bleeding out early because you're impatient is ridiculous. Its 4 minutes.

    If you cant afford 4 extra minutes of a game, maybe you shouldn't be playing it in such a tight timeframe.

    Although it's likely you can, and just dont want to. In which case, maybe play something else.

    That is, if you cant emotionally handle the 4 minutes of bleeding after a loss.


    This just screams more "I want a way to DC without facing a DC penalty."

    People would bleed out on first down while the killer chases the oh too close survivor trying to get to you.

    Its already bad enough when someone suicides on 1st hook as I get to them with borrowed time.


    Killers arent forcing you to DC. You're looking at a DC as your only option. When the real option is to deal with the situation you've been caught in.

  • I don't see why not. I think if you are left on the ground for a long time to the point where it's looking grim anyways, I think it's only fair that you be allowed to speed up the process.

  • @TAG said:

    I don't see why not. I think if you are left on the ground for a long time to the point where it's looking grim anyways, I think it's only fair that you be allowed to speed up the process.

    Because as I stated in my response, its not only going to happen when you're the last one in game and the killer is watching. People will use it on first downs, with everyone alive. ######### that. If people cant handle a few mins of not doing anything because of how the game went, they shouldnt queue up and ruin it for the others when they cant get their way.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    No. If you're slugged, theres a chance to be healed, picked up too far from a hook, etc.

    Bleeding out early because you're impatient is ridiculous. Its 4 minutes.

    If you cant afford 4 extra minutes of a game, maybe you shouldn't be playing it in such a tight timeframe.

    Although it's likely you can, and just dont want to. In which case, maybe play something else.

    That is, if you cant emotionally handle the 4 minutes of bleeding after a loss.

    This just screams more "I want a way to DC without facing a DC penalty."

    People would bleed out on first down while the killer chases the oh too close survivor trying to get to you.

    Killers arent forcing you to DC. You're looking at a DC as your only option. When the real option is to deal with the situation you've been caught in.

    Slugging for 4k is cammon thing. I just had a game where the killer eathier slug me or the other survivor and the game took too long just he can get 4k

    Fun is the most importent thing in any game. I don't want to waste 8-10 min just cuz killer wants the 4k.

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100035#Comment_1100035

    Slugging for 4k is cammon thing. I just had a game where the killer eathier slug me or the other survivor and the game took too long just he can get 4k

    Fun is the most importent thing in any game. I don't want to waste 8-10 min just cuz killer wants the 4k.

    Yeah and? If he wants to waste time looking for the 4th with one on the ground, so what? You've already got caught and failed. It wastes 4 minutes MAX. Literally sounds like you want to quit to give the other a faster escape chance or to just be done. When they could have found and healed you.

    And if he juggle slugs both of you, you're BOTH having chances to escape and win, but failing and getting downed again. That's not their fault. You got caught.

    Slugging has been a thing. Fun is important. And you bleeding out impatiently ends the fun for the killer and whoever may be relying on you still existing in game.

    8-10 mins? Honey, you bleed out in 4. You're grasping at straws.


    If you cant handle laying on the ground for LITERALLY 4 minutes at the worst, dont queue up. You cant always win. But wanting to quit early BECAUSE you cant win is childish.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100037#Comment_1100037

    Because as I stated in my response, its not only going to happen when you're the last one in game and the killer is watching. People will use it on first downs, with everyone alive. ######### that. If people cant handle a few mins of not doing anything because of how the game went, they shouldnt queue up and ruin it for the others when they cant get their way.

    Simple solution: Only allow it after the bleed meter has reached a certain point. That way, it doesn't effectively amount to a glorified ragequit option.

  • After being on the ground for 2 minutes, you should have the option to sacrifice yourself to the entity to be honest. Nothing is more boring than being forced to lay on the ground for 4 minutes while a killer sweats for a 4k

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100037#Comment_1100037

    Because as I stated in my response, its not only going to happen when you're the last one in game and the killer is watching. People will use it on first downs, with everyone alive. ######### that. If people cant handle a few mins of not doing anything because of how the game went, they shouldnt queue up and ruin it for the others when they cant get their way.

    Yeah and people suicide on the hook all the time. Who cares they'd still have to hold m2 for 2 minutes if they did it at the very start of being slugged assuming they weren't picked up.

    Like at a certain point of understanding the game it's not even about being impatient it's just accepting the loss and moving onto the next game. Not hard to figure out when there's certainly no hope of a turnaround. I don't blame survivors for wanting a way to opt out of being slugged because sitting on the ground for several minutes is the most boring thing in this game outside of doing gens. I can't imagine a normal player genuinely trying to justify it and be all like "yeah just hang around" when you have 1 survivor just waiting for you to die for hatch in the most common scenario.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100044#Comment_1100044

    Simple solution: Only allow it after the bleed meter has reached a certain point. That way, it doesn't effectively amount to a glorified ragequit option.

    I would argue only allow it if you're last alive, like the hook. Otherwise you're just potentially ######### over teammates.

    "What if we're both slugged?"

    What if you are, and YOU force bleedout, just to have the killer walk back yo the other one AS THEY USE UNBREAKABLE.


    Quitting early is childish. If you plan to quit early, why queue up at all? Accept what happens in game (save for hacking, exploits, etc), and move on.

  • Run unbreakable and use it wisely.

    Slugging for the 4k is a strat and one that yes many use but if a game lasts another 8-10 mins then you have chances to do more as you are only slugged for around half the time.

  • I think it'd be better if the Devs focused on turning the game away from Slugging. As unfun as it is to sit on the ground helplessly, Right now with how the game is Slugging is just the way to go.

    The ruin nerf really showed a huge flaw in their plans. They did a big change to the game taking away early game pressure from most the Killers and didn't considering the outcome or thought very little of it. Anyone could've told you that this would mean quicker games which also means killers having to slug/camp and play dirty to combat it.

    If the Games didn't go so fast there wouldn't be a need to slug or tunnel, some would still do it but you can see online killers that normally wouldn't are starting to.


    Your proposal would just give another way to DC from a match without penalty, This Idea of "don't like this match, Onto the next" is what brought on the penalty int he first place.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100044#Comment_1100044

    Yeah and people suicide on the hook all the time. Who cares they'd still have to hold m2 for 2 minutes if they did it at the very start of being slugged assuming they weren't picked up.

    Like at a certain point of understanding the game it's not even about being impatient it's just accepting the loss and moving onto the next game. Not hard to figure out when there's certainly no hope of a turnaround. I don't blame survivors for wanting a way to opt out of being slugged because sitting on the ground for several minutes is the most boring thing in this game outside of doing gens. I can't imagine a normal player genuinely trying to justify it and be all like "yeah just hang around" when you have 1 survivor just waiting for you to die for hatch in the most common scenario.

    Waiting to die for hatch is a bad example. Now its "let me bleedout fast so they can get away".

    Suicide on hook is bullshit too. Which is why I dont want ANOTHER option for people to use and just say ######### this I'm out.

    Understanding a loss and moving on is one thing, but using the new mechanic to just quit and leave any number of other people in game is bullshit and selfish.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100053#Comment_1100053

    I would argue only allow it if you're last alive, like the hook. Otherwise you're just potentially ######### over teammates.

    "What if we're both slugged?"

    What if you are, and YOU force bleedout, just to have the killer walk back yo the other one AS THEY USE UNBREAKABLE.

    Quitting early is childish. If you plan to quit early, why queue up at all? Accept what happens in game (save for hacking, exploits, etc), and move on.

    Just let Survivors see each other's perks pre-lobby so this corner case is a non-issue.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100049#Comment_1100049

    Yeah and? If he wants to waste time looking for the 4th with one on the ground, so what? You've already got caught and failed. It wastes 4 minutes MAX. Literally sounds like you want to quit to give the other a faster escape chance or to just be done. When they could have found and healed you.

    And if he juggle slugs both of you, you're BOTH having chances to escape and win, but failing and getting downed again. That's not their fault. You got caught.

    Slugging has been a thing. Fun is important. And you bleeding out impatiently ends the fun for the killer and whoever may be relying on you still existing in game.

    8-10 mins? Honey, you bleed out in 4. You're grasping at straws.

    If you cant handle laying on the ground for LITERALLY 4 minutes at the worst, dont queue up. You cant always win. But wanting to quit early BECAUSE you cant win is childish.

    You forgot somthing. im 4 min and other survivor 4 min, when im being sluged other survivor try and heal me 5 sec later killer come to chase one of us and down and search for the other, with 3 gens left, For more than 8 min This is boring.

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100052#Comment_1100052

    You forgot somthing. im 4 min and other survivor 4 min, when im being sluged other survivor try and heal me 5 sec later killer come to chase one of us and down and search for the other, with 3 gens left, For more than 8 min This is boring.

    So re read what I wrote. "If you're both being slug juggled, you both are continuing to get caught."

    That's you two getting caught, not sitting there waiting to die.

    @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100057#Comment_1100057

    Just let Survivors see each other's perks pre-lobby so this corner case is a non-issue.

    That would help for a multitude of reasons, but my example was just one example. I dont have time to type put every hypothetical situation where it would do more harm than good.

    Like I said, last survivor in game, sure. Otherwise it's a cop out for not wanting to lose. 🤷‍♀️

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100067#Comment_1100067

    So re read what I wrote. "If you're both being slug juggled, you both are continuing to get caught."

    That's you two getting caught, not sitting there waiting to die.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100065#Comment_1100065

    That would help for a multitude of reasons, but my example was just one example. I dont have time to type put every hypothetical situation where it would do more harm than good.

    Like I said, last survivor in game, sure. Otherwise it's a cop out for not wanting to lose. 🤷‍♀️

    I can't think of a hypothetical reason that doesn't amount to "Survivors took too long to help the person on the ground" other than the one you stated regarding someone else getting back up after everyone was slugged.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100056#Comment_1100056

    Waiting to die for hatch is a bad example. Now its "let me bleedout fast so they can get away".

    Suicide on hook is bullshit too. Which is why I dont want ANOTHER option for people to use and just say ######### this I'm out.

    Understanding a loss and moving on is one thing, but using the new mechanic to just quit and leave any number of other people in game is bullshit and selfish.

    BHVR should rework hook phases so suiciding isn't an option but that would include getting rid of the spam key to not die option which tbh I wouldn't be against.

    Bleeding out as the second to last survivor is the most common scenario how is that a bad example. The type of survivors who opt out in easily recovered situations will always find a way to dodge a game. Opt'ing out when the game is surely lost is the type of thing sensible players would use in the right situations. It's not like every single game survivors suicide on their first hook. It would be the same thing with slugging. Granted I'm not agreeing we need this specific thing but even if the bleedout was 2 minutes it wouldn't make much of a difference. Although if we bring up being selfish survivor is balanced around being selfish. If everyone mutually played to evenly split the burden it would be more frustrating on the killers behalf.

    All things considered I do agree with @Bingbongbong 's comment regarding the meta.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100067#Comment_1100067

    So re read what I wrote. "If you're both being slug juggled, you both are continuing to get caught."

    That's you two getting caught, not sitting there waiting to die.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100065#Comment_1100065

    That would help for a multitude of reasons, but my example was just one example. I dont have time to type put every hypothetical situation where it would do more harm than good.

    Like I said, last survivor in game, sure. Otherwise it's a cop out for not wanting to lose. 🤷‍♀️

    Being caught and hooked (or slugged when theres 2 other survivors) is fine. But not to be 'slugged or save the slugged person' game, when we all can go to another game and have fun.

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100035#Comment_1100035

    Slugging for 4k is cammon thing. I just had a game where the killer eathier slug me or the other survivor and the game took too long just he can get 4k

    Fun is the most importent thing in any game. I don't want to waste 8-10 min just cuz killer wants the 4k.

    why do people only complain about slugging for the 4K survivors always bring gen speed perks and items when they are well fast enough already, and it’s nonsense to criticize a killer for doing what they have to do to rank up (especially at red ranks).

  • If I see a killer slugging for a 4k and I'm on the ground I just go afk, watch a video or nake a coffee. Much better than staring at my lifeless body on the ground for 4 minutes, it's not like there's any chance of winning once there's 2 people left and 1 person is constantly slugged