Devs, Gen speeds

Last week you stickied a thread asking what people though of gen speeds. What was the result of that? Now that ruin has been gone for about a month now, how do YOU feel about gen speeds? I know many people think they are too fast, especially killers. But what are your opinions on it?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Here's hoping we get a response, they seem fairly active on these forums. If anything it'll be a Dev Status Update or something though since it's so core to the game and so many people are vehemently taking one side or the other.

    Ultimate the devs decide if they like 3 gens popping before most killers have had a chance to cross the map or set up their traps/whatever. The playerbase might say 4K is winning and rounds are too fast when they only last 2-4 minutes but we've already seen the devs say "2K is a win, just let them have a the far gens" so all we can do is wait and see.

  • The developers addressed the topic in their January livestream. Generator speeds aren't actually a problem in themselves, but game speed is, and they acknowledged as much. Game speed is influenced by a huge variety of factors, repair speeds being only one of those. They have revealed plans to improve game speed (and by improve, I mean slow down) in the future, through things like adjusting toolboxes, shrinking map sizes, and expanding on existing secondary objectives like the totem system. We should expect a Developer Update sometime this week, I believe, which will probably include information on topics like the planned toolbox changes.

  • @Fibijean said:

    The developers addressed the topic in their January livestream. Generator speeds aren't actually a problem in themselves, but game speed is, and they acknowledged as much. Game speed is influenced by a huge variety of factors, repair speeds being only one of those. They have revealed plans to improve game speed (and by improve, I mean slow down) in the future, through things like adjusting toolboxes, shrinking map sizes, and expanding on existing secondary objectives like the totem system. We should expect a Developer Update sometime this week, I believe, which will probably include information on topics like the planned toolbox changes.

    I get that, but the point that everyone knows is that game speeds are too fast, but if we wait for them to "shrink maps" it's going to take forever, what i want to know is, do they have something planning in the meantime for a way to slow the game times down a bit? Also specifically addressing that they pinned a thread asking this very question and wanting to know what they felt the result of that was.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099569#Comment_1099569

    I get that, but the point that everyone knows is that game speeds are too fast, but if we wait for them to "shrink maps" it's going to take forever, what i want to know is, do they have something planning in the meantime for a way to slow the game times down a bit? Also specifically addressing that they pinned a thread asking this very question and wanting to know what they felt the result of that was.

    Yes, as I said, they have immediate plans to do at least one thing to address the issue, which is changing toolboxes. As for the thread, I wouldn't expect any game-related plans to have come out of it yet. The only thing I can imagine within the timeframe since that thread was posted is that it might have prompted some further internal discussion on the topic. Not saying you shouldn't ask, just trying to give you a general idea of what to expect in the current absence of an official response ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099569#Comment_1099569

    10 bucks says when the developer update comes out, many many many games will have toolboxes in them and there will be copious amounts of killers lobby dodging.

    It might actually be better for them to not say anything at all so that the amount of toolboxes don't increase exponentially and to leave it as a late surprise like the instant heal nerfs were so there's only a couple of weeks in a rise of toolboxes.

    I expect it will only be a couple of weeks. If they've got to the point where they're ready to announce the changes officially, then they will almost certainly be on the PTB, in the same way that the Doctor/Ruin changes were announced shortly before being released on the mid-chapter PTB.

  • Early game pressure is important, that is what most of the Killers are missing. Overall genspeed is fine, just something has to be done with early game. Ruin was never needed, it was just a "psychologial" need that many ppl had, in other words... ppl felt naked without Ruin.

    I only used Ruin on certain Killers that needed some extra time at the start like Myers, Trapper, Hag. Overall the Ruin nerf didnt changed that much.. the core problem is still there but way more present right now. Since Ruin is gone ppl see now how truly the game looks like behind the "coat".

    I guess the devs know that and will do something about that... we just have to wait.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099577#Comment_1099577

    Yes, as I said, they have immediate plans to do at least one thing to address the issue, which is changing toolboxes. As for the thread, I wouldn't expect any game-related plans to have come out of it yet. The only thing I can imagine within the timeframe since that thread was posted is that it might have prompted some further internal discussion on the topic. Not saying you shouldn't ask, just trying to give you a general idea of what to expect in the current absence of an official response ๐Ÿ˜Š

    If only toolboxes were the actual problem :P

    This is bhvr, patching, bug fixes, balancing, etc

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LQGFxM94U

  • Remember the goal is a 2K not a 4k or a 0K