This rank reset shows that the biggest issue with the game is matchmaking

Play killer (rank 10 after reset).

Go against swf that are already red rank. Check profiles, 2500hrs, 4800hrs etc. Now I'm not a genuine green rank but that's even way too much for me. I could only imagine how a genuine green rank would feel. Not only that but these people are incredibly toxic. Burn map offering, last second switching, and verbal abuse post game.

Then I go against genuine green ranks, they barely get any gens done and they kill themselves on hook because they just want out. Very boring game for me and I end up feeling bad for the survivors.

Switch to survivor (rank 10 again)

Go against a Huntress that doesn't seem to miss a single shot and defends hooks like her life depends on it. Constantly slugging and tunneling. Can't get any gens done because the team keeps going down. Newbie Claudette so tilted she disconnects. All you can do is farm for wglf stacks because you sure as hell aren't escaping (1 gen done).

Next game there's just a Pig crouched in the corner of the map, one of the saddest sights I've ever seen. Likely just wants to derank to play with people on her own level.

Worst part about this is its impossible to pip in games like these and get out of these ranks.

If it's not disconnects it's hook suicides. People are tilted because they're being put against people way out of their league. Is it any wonder the disconnects were so high?

New rank reset was an attempt to fix this but didn't really work because everyone ended up in red rank anyway and all green rank killers were facing red ranks. So it was just completely random. Potato survivors against a red rank killer? pro loopers against a green rank? who knows?

This new MMR can't come soon enough. I don't think it will be perfect and I think it will still have issues but anything has to be better than what is in place now.

Comments

  • I see some of these frustrations you're talking about, but the MMR system is only going to fix some of the problems and introduce a few new ones itself. Overall I don't think it's going to do much for the problem at all and isn't a good idea imo.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I see some of these frustrations you're talking about, but the MMR system is only going to fix some of the problems and introduce a few new ones itself. Overall I don't think it's going to do much for the problem at all and isn't a good idea imo.

    True, mmr wont gel well with swf. But it should work with solos though.

  • MMR likely won’t solve the problems but giving anything a try is probably better than what we have now.