why do you use self care?

can someone explain to me why so many red rank survivors like to self care in a corner of the map? wouldnt it be more efficient if you were healed by someone else ?

Comments

  • I play solo and when i injured i cant try to find my teammates When i take hit i search a safe place to heal myself. It probably works

  • Healing is for noobs, git gud

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    Because, believe it or not, it's possibly more efficient to heal yourself than steal generator time from a teammate in most situations

    Ponder the following...

    Self care is at 50 percent heal speed, assuming my memory is accurate, that's 36 seconds of heal time.

    Having a teammate heal you takes 18 seconds

    When 2 people work a generator together, they only work at 90% efficiency each.

    So ask yourself - is it better to let your teammate work a generator at 100% effency for 36 seconds or have him off that generator for 18 seconds then the two of you can work the generator at 18 seconds at 90% efficiency each.

    By my math, the former actually gets you more generator progress. Generally, I use Bond... and if I see everybody is on a generator or being chased, I'll heal myself. But if somebody is being useless and not doing a generator, I'll seek them out and let them heal me.

    or you could do a gen instead of healing ?

  • @underlord99 said:

    can someone explain to me why so many red rank survivors like to self care in a corner of the map? wouldnt it be more efficient if you were healed by someone else ?

    Probably because there’s nothing but potatoes In reds. So of course they much rather waste 40+ seconds healing instead of doing a ######### gen.

  • I Love finding dumb survivors with nurses calling taken loads of time self caring to just be quickly downed.

  • Its for the lone wolfs and solo play. As others have said its self sufficiency relying on others even red ranks survivors can still be a big gamble for a heal. Besides how am I supposed to go for the hook save take a hit, taunt the killer into going after me so homie can escape while injured. If I don't bring a med kit its probably on my build. Talk all the trash you want its served me well.

  • Whilst gen’n with empathy, I’ve seen countless green/ purple ranks selfcare probably close to 90% before getting downed by killers with nurse’s.

    I never use it... think it’s a silly, slow waste of a perk slot and everyone’s time, especially the person running the SC.

    Too many red rank randoms bring it into matches, imo ;P

    Rather use resilience and go get sth done.

  • If it's done right it can help change a game. I have one build that includes self-care, but I rarely (meaning never) use it alone. With medkits and Botany it is amazing...and a boon if I happen to run out of medkit charges midway through a heal.

    Recent example...killer had three gen strat...I was whittling away at one gen while the other two survivors left whittled away at another. I was able to tank hits while retreating, then bounce right back after a fast heal. The other two had to pause and heal each other.

    I finished my gen first. Two of us escaped...one of them didn't make it. They were injured and could not make the exit past the killer.

    I don't agree with people running just self-care then running to the edge of the map to heal every time they are injured, especially if a save needs to be made. That is the wrong way - but at least they aren't being a one hit wonder and going on the hook constantly.

1 2 ›