Seriously, what’s with all the camping

I play on Xbox; literally every match today I’ve been camped relentlessly. I have not been toxic whatsoever; really didn’t have time to do anything before getting found. I’m typically ranked 14/15 so I’m not even good enough to be toxic. So for all you killers out there, WHY ARE YOU CAMPING ME SO BADLY

Comments

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100363#Comment_1100363

    It never goes away completely, but it is definitely better.

    Unless you are one of those that call it camping because the killer didn't immediately go to the other side of the map....

    Oh no no im a victim of that haha i even go hit a gen thats a bit away and get called a camper

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100392#Comment_1100392

    Oh no no im a victim of that haha i even go hit a gen thats a bit away and get called a camper

    Survivor rule #147 - If wanting to kick a generator after hooking a survivor (which is a direct violation of rule #2) they must go to the furthest generator remaining on the map.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100405#Comment_1100405

    Survivor rule #147 - If wanting to kick a generator after hooking a survivor (which is a direct violation of rule #2) they must go to the furthest generator remaining on the map.

    As a good man once said

    "They're more like guidelines"

  • @goon375v2 said:

    I play on Xbox; literally every match today I’ve been camped relentlessly. I have not been toxic whatsoever; really didn’t have time to do anything before getting found. I’m typically ranked 14/15 so I’m not even good enough to be toxic. So for all you killers out there, WHY ARE YOU CAMPING ME SO BADLY

    You survivor mains bitched for killer nerfs so say hello to the future of dbd

  • @magrag156 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1098800#Comment_1098800

    Ok so is looping but the killer still complains about it.

    Looping is technically legitimate in that the devs are fine with it, but the fact is it started as an unintended exploit when the devs made survivor hit boxes smaller then killers (for some illogical reason I am sure), and we got looping. It is abusing a game flaw that makes the killer have to make wider turns around objects then a survivor. Then mix that with quick gen times, plenty of pallets, (thankfully not as many as starting, but still lots), and a ton of second chance perks, and it just makes for hell as someone thats supposed to be the power role.

  • I read through all the responses. I’m back up to rank 12 after the reset and I had several matches today with absolutely no camping; and no I don’t consider it camping if the killers are patrolling the area, I’m referring to the killers that literally stay within a meter or two and don’t leave until you are about to hit the third phase of getting hooked. I appreciate all the advice given. I’m going to continually focus on building my characters perks (biggest problem is I don’t have any of the perks that are beneficial for face camping yet). I have matches where I do really well with chases and others where I get hit when it looks like the killer is no where close enough to lunch range; but I’ll keep going with the trials and keep getting better. Thanks again for all the comments and advice; I love this community!

  • The gens are getting done no matter what, many of them are done before you've even downed your first survivor. Punishing altruism is pretty much the only way to play outside of trying to stack slowdown perks or playing a killer than can rapidly traverse the map/deny loops and quickly snowball.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099902#Comment_1099902

    Chances are if you have to camp, it's because the game was already lost within the first two minutes of the game when 2-3 gens have popped with no signs of slowdown against decent survivors, and especially against a coordinated team. At that point, it's not always about a non-existent pip so killers default to their primary objective: killing survivors, not being a gen jockey. If the survs are already running the gens before the camp, they're not going to suddenly break strategy. If they do, at least you get points from them you otherwise wouldn't have gotten by playing survivor rules. Best you can hope for is to leave with your self respect by succeeding at the one thing you're supposed to do.

    Why do all of your posts make sense? That doesn't fit the vibe around here.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099941#Comment_1099941

    Why do all of your posts make sense? That doesn't fit the vibe around here.

    It's probably because I don't capitulate to survivors like some killers and the devs do.

1 2 ›